"JW" Says Donor Organs Cause Personality Changes (and other nonsense) on TV!

by mummatron 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    And slimboyfat, how much is a TV license? We have to pay for our cable but can choose from where we get it..

My wife handles these things but I think it is about £125 and you get it from the Post Office.

• luna2
    luna2

Many JWs are stuck in a time warp. Stuff that they were taught when they were coming into the borg remains strong in their minds and memories. Even when the WTS changes, they have a hard time giving up certain ideas. This idea that getting a transplant or a transfusion will change your personality was starting to go out of favor at the time I was coming in, but I can remember certain sisters making comments about it. I questioned the elder I worked for about it and he shrugged it off and made a comment about some people being supersticious. At any rate, some firmly believed this junk and probably still hold on to it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

luna 2 is dead right. This guy is perhaps 30 years behind the times, both in medical knowledge and J W thinking. I bet the P R dept down in Mill Hill are livid with him.

certainly they used to say this when a lot of people were suspicious of transplants...Blondie has already posted the quotes. A more recent WT viewpoint was this one (It seems he does not read the more recent magazines, or perhaps like some older ones that I know, he thinks the old ones were better !)

Awake '94 5/22 p7

"Last October, three-year-old Chandra Sharp was admitted to a hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., with a heart that was not only enlarged but also failing. She was undernourished, her growth stunted, her weight only 19 pounds [9 kg], and she needed a heart transplant. She was given only a few weeks to live. Her parents agreed to the transplant but not to blood transfusion. They are Jehovah’s Witnesses.

This was no issue with the surgeon, Dr. Charles Fraser. The Flint Journal of Michigan reported on December 1, 1993: “Fraser said the Cleveland Clinic and other medical centers are becoming adept at performing many surgeries—including transplants—without the infusion into the patient of other people’s blood. ‘We have learned more about how to conserve blood, and how to prime the heart-lung machine with solutions other than blood,’ said Fraser.” He then added: “Some specialty hospitals have for decades been doing major cardiovascular operations without blood transfusions. . . . We always try to do surgery without (transfused) blood.”

On October 29, he performed the heart transplant on Chandra without blood. A month later Chandra was reported doing well."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit