2011 District Convention theme and program

by DagothUr 35 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Answering godrulz.

godrulz: There is room for a second chance after death with JW views. Is it possible that an opposer could be raised to change their views or does this merit annihilation? Are the ones who get a second chance (cf. Mormon ideas) only those who never heard the JW message?

If I get anything wrong here, I hope the e-JW community will bail me out:

Anyone alive when Armageddon comes – and is not a Jehovah’s Witness – is destroyed. No paradise for them.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses speak of “deserving ones” that they seek when out of service. They do not expect everyone to be deserving of the message. There is an idea that there are sheep and goats and only sheep are welcome in paradise.

Those dead at time of Armageddon get a second redeeming chance, except for those who irredeemably sinned. This would include Adam and Eve and the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah. The WT has flipped on this in the past for Sodom and Gomorrah.

There’s the thousand year chance. Those who won’t accept the WT teachings after a thousand years will be destroyed.

Witnesses have a magical view of paradise. There will be no war. There will be no disease. The earth will be beautiful and fertile. Everyone will live in harmony and there will be no strife.

The potential for you to enter paradise to express open views? None. If you are lucky enough to die before Armageddon, you may be resurrected when Jehovah so desires, but you will have a new compliant brain.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Friday 10:10 How We Know That God's Kingdom Will Come Soon

Looks like a Letterman-Top-10 is coming on Fridays.

Top 10 Ways We Know That God's Kingdom Will Come Soon

10. Adam is now 6036 years old, Eve must have been created not much more than 36 years after Adam.

9. That overlap generation isn't getting any younger.

8. Don't you think that Russell or Rutherford would contact us if the delay was pretty big?

7. For you guys not keeping up with the changed doctrine: The Faithful and Discreet Slave is dropping like flies and getting to heaven.

6. The preaching work has been accomplished. (Ignore the facts that most Islamic lands and Asia have barely been scratched.)

5. How long can Jesus stay "invisible" ? He's got to want to get back to action.

4. The great ingathering harvest is slowing down. (Okay, if it were speeding up, we would list that as a Top 10.)

3. The end is so close we can smell it.

2. There were huge earthquakes recently. (Always a Top-3 favorite.)

And the Number 1 Way We Know that God's Kingdom Will Come Soon:

1. Sooner or later, we gotta get something right.

• godrulz
    godrulz

gj: when will this general resurrection be? If JW Armageddon happens soon, I will be terminated. If I die today, when will I be resurrected (or will I)? Is it at the start of 1000 years and I will get to prove myself? If not, it is strange that only a few million JWs will be on earth.

I have hope of eternal life now in Christ (I Jn. 5:11-13 present continuous Gk. tense). JWs have no security since they may fall away before, during, after Armageddon at any point. After 1000 years, what changes if anything? At that point, are all survivors now eternally secure?

• factfinder
    factfinder

@godrulz- witnesses teach that all will alive then will face a final test at the close of the thousand years. Those who rebel, and the devil and demons, are eternally destroyed. Those who God finds faithful are deemed worthy of everlasting life. God writes their names in"the book of life' and will sustain their lives forever in the paradise earth. Witnesses believe that if any of these were likly to rebel they would have done so by the final test. Thus God can tell they will never choose to rebel, and grants them everlasting (not immortal) life in the paradise earth-same as if Adam and Eve had never rebelled.

So yes, they will feel eternally secure once God figurativly writes their names in the "Book of life." According to jw teaching.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are preaching to the choir, here godrulz. The beautiful picture of paradise does not stand up to close scrutiny. I alternately distress my husband by painting beautiful pictures of the two of us enjoying paradise together with a banana tree and a little white dog (two of his favorite things), and annoy him by offering a compromise; Jehovah's Witnesses can have the earth and the rest of us can go to heaven.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

releases?

• jgnat
  • factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you for that link jgnat. I'd be very dissapointed if I was still going to the conventions.

The paradise earth is very appealing to me. Heaven is for angels and I am a human. I'd love to be healed and live forever in paradise conditions. But, yea-it won't really happen.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Heaven is where God is. Jn. 14:1-2; Revelation, etc. shows that our ultimate purpose and destiny is to live with God forever. Why would you prefer earth without God (just like a secular utopia) over seeing God face to face? Heaven is glorious, a hope for all believers (JWs also have a false hope and will not even be on earth if they do not renounce the WT and its lies).

• factfinder
    factfinder

godrulz- I would love to see God and see what heaven is like! But it is the spirit realm and I am a human. Jesus said flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom- which I think he meant one must be spirit to go to heaven. Too bad we cannot live on earth AND visit heaven when we wanted to!

I would not prefer earth WITHOUT God. If the jws were right God would be giving his full attention to earth and all those on it, "satisfying the desire of every living thing.' Things on earth would be just as God purposed them to be.

My physical problems, weaknesses, would be gone- I could enjoy life! Of course, whether it would be life on earth or in heaven, if I am not going to see my beloved parents again and also have my best buddy there too, then I guess I'd rather just die and go out of existance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit