by Retrovirus 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I now have a chicken named Alice.

You don't kick it do you?

-Sab

• Maze
    Maze
    But when one partner belongs to a religion which claims to be absolutely right, and teaches contempt for the rest of the world, how can you compromise?

Atheists claim to be absolutely right. Theists claim to be absolutely right. These individuals are no different than Jehovah's Witnesses are on their stand on certainty. Agnostics are somewhere in the middle.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't treat the world with contempt.

Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment to themselves. For those ruling are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad. Do you, then, want to have no fear of the authority? Keep doing good, and you will have praise from it; for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear: for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword; for it is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad. Romans 13:1-4

Can a jw parent allow their child freedom to choose?

You do know that atheists don't allow others to take their children to church. People rear their children according to their core values and beliefs.

Can they really respect their partners' right to believe differently?

I know plenty of Jehovah's Witnesses that have unbelieving mates and respect their spouses stand and beliefs.
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sab:

You don't kick it do you?
    -Sab

Haha! No, it's just an animal, after all. It can't help that it's dumb.

Sort of like when you use a youtube to prove a point that still doesn't answer the original question.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Funny........

My son goes to church...

He invites me everytime and I kindly decline....

Anything else you want to tell me how I live Alice???

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes, Charlie, Alice has no real experience here, just going by what she's heard from cult propaganda.

When my son told us he didn't want to go to meetings anymore, his father immediately kicked him out of the house. He was praised in the congregation for his excellent "tough love" stand.

And I was forbidden to talk to or help my son in any way.

What do you think? Do JW's break up families? Or all we all still just a bunch of liars, Alice?

• yknot
    yknot
    Most of my siblings and several of my cousins were raised in the organization and later left. I don't try and force my beliefs on them and vice-versa. We rarely even talk about religion.

Rachel-Alice Maze,

And what about that Aunty of yours....????

• yknot
    yknot
    I now have a chicken named Alice.

OMG.... I DO TOO!!!!!!

....but it was a case of chicken version of testicular feminization.... 'she' Alice the hen became a Alice the Rooster....

• Maze
    Maze
    Yes, Charlie, Alice has no real experience here, just going by what she's heard from cult propaganda.
    When my son told us he didn't want to go to meetings anymore, his father immediately kicked him out of the house. He was praised in the congregation for his excellent "tough love" stand.
    And I was forbidden to talk to or help my son in any way.
    What do you think? Do JW's break up families? Or all we all still just a bunch of liars, Alice?

That's your family, not mine or the majority I've been exposed to in Jehovah's Organazation. There are some Witnesses who don't put the Truth into practice in their personal and family life. If your family is full of drama, my condolences. I avoid dysfunctional people and families so run along. I care not to converse with you in case you don't know. It's always you that initiates conversation with me and not vise-versa. Are you getting the picture?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well, no one's named a chicken after ME, have they, Alice?

Best to avoid the sweeping generalizations of my family, too. I'M not the one who wrote the scathing, hate-filled, self-righteous letter to a relative.

I believe that was..........YOU.

• Maze
    Maze
    Well, no one's named a chicken after ME, have they, Alice?
    Best to avoid the sweeping generalizations of my family, too. I'M not the one who wrote the scathing, hate-filled, self-righteous letter a relative.
    I believe that was..........YOU.

LOL!

I never sent that letter. I worked for my aunt and got let go. It was a business matter. I have a much better job now anyway so me and my aunt get along just fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit