Why hamstring the horses?

by highdose 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

I remember reading the bible accounts of the Israelites doing their "spritual warfare" they seemed to always capture the enimes horses and then hamstring them. WHY? what had the horses ever done to them? Why not just use the horses themselves? WHy this wanton animal cruelty?

Of course as far as the Israelites were concerned the only life worth spareing was the hot young virgins(!)

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

God was just angry that his 18:1 horse came in dead last.

Seriously, though, yeah it is pretty barbaric. If anything you would think that a transient nation that is trying to wage a mobile war in a foreign land would maybe find a supply of war horses to be useful instead of destroying them, but I'm not a military strategist, so what do I know?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Because they were idiots who blamed their minor bronze-age semi-god for all of their dumb decisions.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I ALWAYS detested this episode of animal cruelty among many other OT accounts of Israelite barbarism.

The pat response from a JW is 'Jehovah dealt with the situation in a way the people at that time could understand'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit