Does the Christian message fall apart without a literal interpretation of Genesis?

by nicolaou 175 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Syl-

Soterology is as mixed a componenet of Christian theology as any other.

So many schools of theology so little time....

Now you'll get an argument on 2 Beings as much as anything.

• tec
    tec

Blessings, peace and love to you as well, Syl.

(Don't look, Nic... just don't look )

Tammy

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Syl

"Now that is where I beg to differ."

Buzzzz Wow! What a shock!Buzzzzz

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, Designs, hush!

Only one Savior -lots of pretenders, however.

And yes, the Christian Message does, indeed, fall apart without a literal interpretation of Genesis.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am not a subscriber to the Trinity.

Syl

• designs
    designs

I have the same problem, when I write Letters to Trinity Neo always intercepts them......

• garyneal
    garyneal

OTWO

But at the same time, the Bible is not necessarily "scriptures" or "from God." Oh, you can rely on it if it said something wonderful about God or someone found a way to make it appear to lead to Christ. But if it paints God or Christ in anything but a wonderful light, then it may not be reliable.

Your comment made me think of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gary

Thanks for posting that. That little video illustrates the shallow state of most people today. While I don't agree with the conclusions, it's a point well taken. I don't require agreement, but, clarity would be a nice place to start a deeper discussion.

Even as a believer I catch more heat from the "Christians" than the unbelievers when I field those... difficult verses.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Garyneal,

EXACTLY. Thanks for the video.

• tec
    tec

That was a funny video. I laughed. I also recognized the verse from the Qur'an as being from the Qur'an. I remember it because it was such a vivid description when I read that part in the Qur'an. Terrifying even.

I do believe in context, mind you. Most people do. Or you can take things that people say and twist them into meaning something else - not just in the bible, but other places also. But I do have a measure for how I understand things (test things, as we are supposed to test the spirits), and that is through Christ.

He is the bottom line for me. There is a great deal of context that I'm sure I don't understand. But HE is all I need to know.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit