What proof is there that Jesus chose the Bible Students in 1919?

by VM44 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Cause the Great and Powerful Oz knows all, dammit!!!

Seriously, though... I don't believe this crap for the same reason I don't take the Bible as literal or the word of god...just because it SAYS it's inspired, doesn't make it so. Just because they SAY they were chosen in 1919 doesn't make it true. I need concrete proof. No "Well, we FEEL that since blah blah..." Nope. That doesn't cut the mustard with me. Cut and pastes of Watchtower literature are not proof for me. You may as well cut and paste from the National Enquirer (though I daresay, some of their stuff is actually accurate lol).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't look at youtube from this PC so am not sure which ones have been posted.

'exglieadmissionary' has posed some excellent 'whacky chronology' vids in which he shows the WTB$ calculate both 1914 and 1919 identically!!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

My mother-in-law told me that Jesus said he'd leave us a "faithful and discreet slave" who'd teach us the truth.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is what David Splane said in the DVD.

This is not a work of man, this is a work of Jehovah God. It's evident that Jehovah had already chosen this organization, because of the faithfulness and the sincerity of the men behind it. It's obvious that Jehovah had already chosen this organization to get his work done. There were enough honest hearted men, hungering for the truth, desirous of doing the will of God, to prevent the organization from collapsing.

"It's evident that Jehovah had already chosen this organization"?

"It's obvious that Jehovah had already chosen this organization"?

Again, what is the proof?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@VM44 "It's evident that Jehovah had already chosen this organization"?

"It's obvious that Jehovah had already chosen this organization"?

Again, what is the proof?

Agreed! No proof....just 'hypnotic words' EG "evident and obvious"......just a false claim that cannot be substantiated!!

If it is obvious and evident where is the undisputed proof available for non JW's to palinly see?

That video is a real piece of propaganda.

• trevor
    trevor

What proof is there that Jesus chose the Bible Students in 1919?

What is the proof that Jesus was anymore than a Jewish carpenter born out of wedlock, with a penchant for sandals and fish?

• designs
    designs

When you can get close to calling WWI you should start betting on the World Series outcome.

• Quendi
    Quendi

There is no proof, or even strong evidence, to support the claim that the WTS is the "faithful and discreet slave". Other posters have shown how the Society's own words and teachings can be used to prove the opposite, that the organization is not the slave. I want to add one more argument to support this.

If Jesus made his inspection and appointed a faithful slave in 1919, what would he have seen with respect to the WTS and its worthiness for this office? Well, in 1919, the Society was still teaching that the appointment had already been made and that Charles T. Russell was that faithful and discreet slave. Russell was dead by that time, but that was the official teaching. So if Jesus made any such appointment, the WTS would not have accepted it since it believed the office was already filled! It was not until 1927 that J.F. Rutherford decided that Russell was not the faithful and discreet slave and that the 'anointed remnant' was, but their own chonology shows that realization came too late, and the Lord would have chosen someone else.

You won't read any such admission in the literature, of course. Nor will you read, as other posters have pointed out, that since the WTS believed that Jesus had returned in 1874 and that Armageddon was scheduled to take place by October 1914 (later pushed ahead to 1915), that there could be no way the organization could be said to be serving 'meat in due season' as they put it. If the WTS was not serving the right spiritual food in 1919, then there is no way that it would have received Jesus' approval or appointment.

The Society might argue, "Ah, but that was back then and we have made all kinds of adjustments to our understanding showing that God was guiding us with his holy spirit and Jesus would have been pleased to appoint us as his 'faithful and discreet slave'." Well, even if that is true--which it most definitely isn't--it would still make no difference. Because what would matter is what the organization was teaching in 1919, not what it taught later or is teaching now. On that basis, there is no way the WTS would have received the coveted appointment.

Quendi

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    What is the proof that Jesus was anymore than a Jewish carpenter born out of wedlock, with a penchant for sandals and fish?

ROFLMAO! Never thought of it that way... And actually, they've done further research and found that the word that has been translated "carpenter" over and over again is the Greek word tekton...which means "builder". Most, if not all, buildings were made mainly of stone, with very little wood ...EVIDENTLY (lol) Joseph was more than likely a stone mason/builder and not a carpenter.

• poppers
    poppers

What is the proof that Jesus returned invisibly? That's a pretty far-fetched claim. Seems to me that that has to have some proof before any other claims about what he did can be made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit