CO's putting the screws on elder bodies, and ministerial servants to auxilliary pioneer this April.

by miseryloveselders 74 Replies latest jw friends

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

It always irritates me how every year they push pioneering in April, and this year more than most with their 30 hour allowance. For most people, you are cooped up all winter with the short days and freezing temperatures, and now you can finally get out to enjoy the sunshine, plant a garden, work in your yard, whatever. But, nooooo. JW's must spend every April weekend jammed into a car, riding around with people they could care less about, and knock on empty doors. Why can't they let the r&f even enjoy spring without a guilt trip?

Oh yeah, I forgot, they don't care.

• journey-on
    journey-on

The screws must have really been tight, 'cause my sis is auxiliary pioneering in April. As far as I can remember, she has never done that because she has a long-time busy career. But both she and her elder hubby who is not in the best of health are signing up for the "wonderful privilege".

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My wife told me that all five elders and all three ministerial servants in the local cong are going to pioneer in April. The 30 hour requirement is working as the GB foresaw.

• out4good3
    out4good3

They are really putting the elders under the gun with peer pressure aren't they? What if you are an elder or MS with a family and responsibilities and you just can't make that 30 hour requirement? What if you'd made vacation plans prior to this announcement?

Now you have to run around making excuses why you can't April Pioneer through no fault of your own.

Those heavies up in NY have no idea what it is like to have familial responsibillities and household bills to pay.

It is probably a good think I'm not an elder right now. would've told them straight up NAAWWWWWWW..UUHHHH>>>>UHHHHHHHH......

I will not be aux pioneering that month or any other.

• out4good3
    out4good3
    My wife told me that all five elders and all three ministerial servants in the local cong are going to pioneer in April. The 30 hour requirement is working as the GB foresaw.

no....more like the peer pressure is working as they predicted it would.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

As much as I HATE the WTS and the ahole body of elders in my old hall I'm glad to hear it...now the sob elders can take the same medicine they spew out from the platform...

Brother ahole elder from the platform: "ARE you doing all you can do in Jehovah's service brothers and sisters"...

**yea how about you retired elder and wife who put in 10 hours a month**

This is one thing I'm glad to hear...

• truthlover
    truthlover

Well, this is a corporation, is it not?

My guess is that each CO/DO for a particular circuit is betting how much they can outdo the next circuit/district... in that way they can say to the higher ups how well they run their circuit/district, no problems there, every thing is being handled so well all pubs and elders are out there following instructions and taking care of the sheep... maybe getting special privledges for their hard won efforts???? Therefore, they are working to get as many elders/COBOE's out in the field for April...

I, for one, will not be out there

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

In my congregation, they have already started the high pressure/guilt tactics. As of this past Tuesday, only 23 people had signed up and the remark was made that there was no reason why everybody could not sign up. Then one speaker went on about the zillion ways just about anybody could gobble up thirty hours, even if you worked at night, weekends, or had a job in the day time. Now granted, if someone was really interested in going out in field service fairly regularly, it probably wouldn't be that hard to come up with thirty hours - especially since the Witness way is to spend alot of that time driving or standing around, making sure they say "boo" to someone every fifteen minutes just to keep the clock from stopping. The stupidity of recording idle time warrants another topic itself.

But, yes, our last meeting seemed like a time-share sales meeting but worse because they try to shame people. We had two speakers go on about it. They like to mention things like "Sister Old-as-dirt-who-can-barely-walk-while-dragging-her-oxygen-tank" has signed up.

Hourly numbers are meaningless. Why not set a goal for something else like bible studies that actually has some meaning? For me to tell you that I spend thirty hours is indicative of what? Certainly not how many people I spoke to. I could spend the entire thirty standing around at the train station looking like an idiot. But they look good on paper, and the larger the numbers the better, right? If you can report that your congregation reported 3,000 hours, that sounds much better than saying they reported 30 bible studies.

Anyway, so they had attendants at the ready, ready to hand out applications to people mid-meeting and, just like an experienced car salesman, the speaker said that all you have to do is sign the form! No pressure, right?

• truthlover
    truthlover

***jr chap.8 pp.94-95 par.7 Will You "Keep Living,"as Did Jeremiah?***

Consider first that Jeremiah was to remain childless. Jesus did not command his followers to abstain from having children. Yet, it is noteworthy that he pronounced "woe" on pregnant women or those nursing a baby when tribulation came on Jerusalem in 66-70 C.E. That time would be especially difficult for them, given their situation. (Matt. 24:19) We now face a greater tribulation. This should add a dimension for Christian coupleswho are deciding whether to have children. Do you not agree that it seems harder and harder to deal with these critical times? And couples have admitted that it has been very challenging to raise children who will "keep living" through the end of the present system. While each couple must decide if they will have children, Jeremiah's case is worth considering.

Once the brain sees this -logic fails and if the org is hinting at this - it becomes ingrained and then law!!

Going back to MLE first comment -- talking of sisters having 1 -4 kids to grow the org.. not today -- ain't happenin -- they want pioneers -- eunuchs - commanded not to marry outside the Lord -- therefore, many single sisters have no hope of finding a mate since the ratio is 20-1 in favour of the male who has his pick of the litter... the older brothers can snag any sister -- mostly young uns.... the Muslim religion is growing leaps and bounds - why?? they are having up to 8 kids per family -- not so with the org...

This growth in the Muslim religion is going to put every religion in jeopardy - churches closing due to lack of patrons -- the older generation is dying off, no one is going to church, no growth in families that support the church finances... so goes the org too....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

When this first came out, I thought it would be used to squeeze the elders, servants, and others to "do more" Like others have said, it is probably a trial balloon which will pump up the numbers, and then the long rumored 30 hr aux pioneer title will be put through for next year's memorial. That had me concerned that it would be used to squeeze more FS time out of everyone.

I don't think it will be too bad long term, meaning five years down the road. Let me explain. We all know the WT corp is a sinking ship. Yes a slowly sinking ship, but the GB is just trying to keep it afloat for as long as they are alive and of course make the "numbers" look good while they are in charge of the Titanic. A permanent change like this might get people fired up for a year, maybe two at most. The same ole "What a blessing from the GB/Jehovah" will be the mantra. Then what? Everyone starts slacking off just like before. You can't keep people in a perpetual state of alarm year after year after year.

I haven't put much stock in the argument that 2014 would wake that many people up, but maybe the GB is really fearing the upcoming 100 year anniversary of Jesus doing nothing. Maybe they are just trying to rally the troops for the next few years and hope most of them stick around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit