so oompa got df'd this week...

by oompa 131 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

What a story. Talk about kicking a man when he's down!

Glad you're OK physically. I hope this opens your family's eyes to how cold + calloused JWism is.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It might be a good thing to get your wife to clarify what the elders are actual doing DF or DA.

I think its lark that these guys would investigate an action by a person who obliviously has no interest in their religion or church

and then intensionally stick their nose into people's personal affairs, such as what your going through.

But this again shows the profusion of pompous arrogance of this religion, and its structured elements of power within its design.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I suspect, because of your outspokeness, they were just waiting for a reason to consider you DA'd. DA, like Leolaia says, requires much less legal maneuvering. Still, you'd think they would at least need 2 witnesses to confirm you had indeed disassociated yourself by your actions. The bastards pretty much have the power when they don't even need to follow set procedure.

The first thing they want new JW's to do is recruit their families. This is so they can hold them hostage and demand conformity. None of my family ever responded, and that used to make me sad, but today, makes me so very happy. But because of that, I never gave much thought to how families were being broken. I see it on this board, and it really hurts to read.

Oompa, I'm so sorry. Sometimes they seem like an unstoppable force. I feel really bad about your extended family. How can you appeal when you'd have to pretend that you repented of saving your life, and wish you had just died? It's freaking crazy. Then you'd have to prove your repentence by going to meetings and studying and opening yourself up to their scrutiny. I couldn't do it myself, but maybe I could if I had family in the fray.

Get better. Keep us updated. Maybe this will change the dynamic for your wife and son.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    ps...help me through this my old friends...i really did not want to be dfd!...i am fourth generation....i had already been shunned by my lifelong friends due to my outspoken words regarding my discovering we had changed the bible to make it say what JW'S want it to...but now i have lost my family....oomps

(((((oompa))))))

If you are a 4th generation JW, then you know the ropes. There are procedures for getting reinstated, so if that is really what you want, then you know what you have to do. Be prepared to kiss lots of butt, suffer through all the meetings, smile at them when you feel like putting your fist through their faces, bow down to them, show repentance, .....anyway, you KNOW what is required by these self-righteous holier-than-thou pharisees. It is a process.

• life is to short
    life is to short

All I can think to say is that I am really sorry. It is unbelivable what they do to people. After all you have been through and then to DF you at the end of it.

I am just so sorry.

LITS

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The last thing you need is pieces of crap like them in your life. They've shown themselves for what they are. If you ever see a JW burning in the street, don't even think about pissing on him to ease his pain.

The important thing is you're alive, and I hope you make a full recovery.

W

• oompa
    oompa

thanks journey....i just cant do it right now and prob never will...i just cant fake it!!!....cant kiss that much butt...and would cough out BULLSHIT at least 5 times an hour...

thanks all...they really kicked me when i am down............oompa

god i hope this wakes up some close to me

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Have you really lost your family over this ???

Is your son happy you are alive ? (they almost lost you for good ) Does your Father really think a blood transfusion to save your life should end your relationship with him ??? ASK HIM DIRECTLY ... Can you not reason with the family that the Elders pryed into your private life just to start trouble for you ? I mean it was no secret to your family that you were inactive ,right ? And they were still in contact with you then ...........

Ask them, why did the Elders take this step ,now, when you are at your weakest point ? GET THEM TO THINK !!! Keep making the point "IS this really the love CHrist talked about ?"

Oompa I am so sorry you are having to deal with this on top of your recovery . It pains me to think you have gone through so much trauma already and now all this UNNECESSARY emotional trauma is being heaped upon you . I wish sometimes I could just smack people upside the head and WAKE them up to how much precious time they are losing with their loved ones when they allow the Watchtower Society to interfere with their family relationships .

I hope your family will realize they are fortunate to have you alive and not waste a moment celebrating your life .

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Oompah, I gotta hand it to your wife. She did the right thing by signing for the transfusions for your second round of surgeries, and she knew what she was getting into by doing that. Show her you love her, hang on to a woman like that!

• crazycate
    crazycate

I am so sorry. Physical healing is made much more difficult by emotional trauma. I wish you the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit