so oompa got df'd this week...

by oompa 131 Replies latest jw friends

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

oompa

You're experiencing a lot of problems, right now. You're lucky to still be alive, after your bad accident. Coping with life's many problems can often be really tough.

LIke the many other well-wishers here, I'm thinking about you, and the countless others whose lives have been so messed up as a result of joining and/or being exposed to the wacky ways of the WT.

So, please try hard to keep on coping - knowing that so many care about you as a person on this forum must help a little bit to continue to endure?

lifelong humanist

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Very glad you are alive oompa... The elders are not even following their own internal directives. Of course, things have probably changed in the 4 plus years since I was an elder. One thing I know has not changed -- the love that God supposedly has for humans. And the elders sure as hell are not showing the love.

Really depends on what you want the outcome to be. You can certainly fight the elders and get reinstated. YES -- disfellowshippings can be rescinded and announced publicly ("The announcement regarding Oompa has been rescinded."). It would cause some huge "WTF" reactions in the congregation. However, the elders will keep you on their radar and just find another reason to kick you out. It is their game -- their rules. And local elders rules are like "Free Parking" in Monopoly. Free Parking is just a space, but lots of people make up their own rules about it -- and so do the local yokel elders.

Good luck to you in your recovery.

Snakes (Rich )

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would like for one of them to have an accident or get mauled by a dog while out in field circus, become unconscious for a time, and get a blood transfusion whether they need or want one or not. At which point, they would get blown in for accepting a blood transfusion, and treated exactly the same way. Since when is it scriptural to hold someone accountable for something they didn't volitionally do?

• alias
    alias

Oompa,

What a horrible accident. This story is unbelievable. Please mend well.

alias

• Mary
    Mary

This reminds me of the experience that Ray Franz wrote about in In Search of Christian Freedom , p. 353. In 1982, George West from the Maynard Massachusetts congregation was dying of bone cancer and was deteriorating quickly:

"his head was supported in a cage arrangement since his neck bones could no longer bear the weight. The elders [had somehow heard] that George had submitted to a blood transfusion and attempted to ask him about it on several occasions. One night under interrogation he acknowledged having accepted the transfusion. His reason? His children from a previous marriage had heard he was dying and called to let him know they were coming.....to visit him at the hospital. He had not seen them since childhood. He decided to take the transfusion to extend his life a little longer in order to be reunited with his children. The elders disfellowshipped George West only days before he died."

One can only imagine how this poor bastard felt knowing he was dying in a "disfellowshipped state", which, according to the Organization, almost certainly means he is not worthy of a resurrection. The fact that they have decided to disfellowship Oompa so soon after he nearly died in an accident demonstrates that they are neither Christian or know the meaning and value of compassion.

Then again, this shouldn't come as any frigging surprise.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hang in there Oompa. What you have been through is horrible, and I'm sorry for the pain this is causing, but... maybe some good will come out of it. I have found that congregation elders are great at stumbling others with their petty pharasaical nonsense.

Peace and strength to you.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is how they are supposed to deal with it , according to p111 of the new "Shephering The Flock" Book . I noted the words unrepentantly (well, you could argue that you would have been repentant if they had asked you.)..and willingly taking it...In your case you did not know about it.

"Willingly and unrepentantIy taking blood.

If someone willingly takes blood, perhaps because

of being under extreme pressure, the committee

should obtain the facts and determine

the individual's attitude. If he is repentant, the

committee would provide spiritual assistance in

the spirit of Galatians 6:1 and Jude 22,23. Since

he is spiritually weak, he would not qualify for

special privileges for a period of time, and it may

be necessary to remove certain basic privileges.

Depending on the circumstances. the committee

may also need to arrange for an announcement

to the congregation: "The elders have

handled a matter having to do with [name

of person]. You will be glad to know that

spiritual shepherds are endeavoring to render

assistance." On the other hand, if the elders

on the committee determine that he is

unrepentant, they should announce his disassociation."

BTW..Get well soon Oompa, sorry to hear about your accident but I am pleased that you are still with us

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mary

So, you're thinking that the inquisitors felt that he was in danger of dying and felt a need to df him before he died?

S

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

oompa; just be happy your alive . I know I'm happy your alive after reading your posts here for years. I'm not friendly with many posters here, but I do know lots of them have been asking about you for months As much as I hurts you can feel NOTHING BEING DEAD. JOY ,PAIN AND ALL THE IN BETWEENS . You beat the wts they wanted to kill you . you won your still here to talk about it. and that pisses them off. every day you wake up it pisses them off more than it hurts you. your pain will go away, and you be alive to eat drink and manage another day I know persons that killed them self or were killed 35 years ago. when I think about that i understand . How lucky I have been to still be here through all the ups and downs. and not 6 feet under. JYD

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

"dammit my jw wife just walked in and asked what i was doing??? lmao this can hardly get any better!!!!..........."

How did you respond to that? She and the rest of your family who are in probably hope that the move of disfellowshipping you will move you to repentance and cause you to come back to the fold. Now your wife is going to check up on you. She wants to make sure you have no support from any other quarter. I have great sympathy for the situation you are in. I know this has you in a lot of emotional turmoil. Kicking you when you are down, so typical of that religion.

I'm not sure what to say that would help you, so I will just keep you in my prayers and ask God to take on your load. Take care.

Mimi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit