Super Bowl XLV

by Iron Head 95 Replies latest social physical

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I heard the dumbest thing in the world on radio today. I listen to am 1200 to catch up on local events to start my day. Host mildride gaddis had some doctor on (social doctor not medical) and he was talking about how this superbowl could be special because of the opportunity for another african american head coach to win a SB?!?

I WAS screaming at the radion YOU DUMB FUG THE 'AFRICAN AMERICAN' COACHING IS ON HIS WAY TO WINNING HIS SECOND SB!!!

Sometimes I wonder where they get these 'authorative idiots from.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

I had hoped that Clay Matthews would get defensive player of the year, but it's tough to argue with Polamalu. He certainly made the greatest, and most impactful defensive play of the year with his strip of Joe Flacco.

It's been a long time coming for Troy P. If Matthews continues to play at the level he's been playing, his day will surely come. He finished just 2 points behind Polamalu.

By the way, James Harrison finished 3rd with 8 votes. Suck on that, Goodell

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Sometimes I wonder where they get these 'authorative idiots from.

Did this particular "talking head" happen to mention the "Rooney Rule"?

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

I think momentum plays a big factor. If the Jets would have beat the Steelers I would guess that the Jets would be about 2 points ahead in the spread. Being the 6 seed and going into everybody's back yard and taking care of business is no small feat. I think it's gonna be a pretty even game with the Steelers winning by 4.

-Sab

Sabby,

Correct me if I'm wrong (that's just a polite figure of speech because I know I'm not), but weren't you the "Steeler fan" who said that beating Baltimore was futile because we'd never get past God's gift to the NFL, the ALMIGHTY NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS?

There's no need to reply...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz8erSjDoaQ

• sabastious
    sabastious
    There's no need to reply...

I said our chances were low and I stand by that prediction. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have always had our number and especially Dick Lebeau's number. We could have won, sure; I think we have a better team than the Pats, but not if we don't call the right game.

I don't think you are considering that humans are behind this game we watch here and, as legendary as Lebeau is, for whatever reason or other Belichick and Brady have been able to foil him time and time again. And once you neutralize the Steeler D and have an offense like the Pats do? It's over.

I was jumping for joy when we got to play New York! It really upped our chances to get to the Super Bowl. The Jets are not in Lebeau's head, the Pats have made him look really bad a number of times.

Of course, Lebeau could use it to put a chip on his shoulder and beat the snot out of the Pats and Brady. But historically the Pats dominate Lebeau.

So, again I stand by what I said because I thought it though. I like to do that before I form an opinion.

-Sab

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Did this particular "talking head" happen to mention the "Rooney Rule"?

At least 3 times in his opening statement!

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

I said our chances were low and I stand by that prediction.

Actually, what you said was:

No matter, we can't beat the Pats next week anyway even if we beat the Ravens this week.

And:

I love my Steelers and I will watch their fall to the New England Dynasty. First though, we have to get our back broken by Baltimore whether we win or lose :)

Our back wasn't broken by the Ravens OR Jets.

However, you did say:

I think it's gonna be a pretty even game with the Steelers winning by 4.

Good for you, Sabby

• Iron Head
  • Iron Head
    Iron Head

This was not a joke. Watch his eyes at the end of his comment. He's pissed.

Green Bay, be afraid. Be very afraid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IyrYKs4LM&feature=player_embedded

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

My time to pick

Pittsburgh 23

Green Bay 13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit