I feel like a coward weakling. Not like a man. It doesn't feel good.

by easyreader1970 18 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Easyreader1970,

Not an easy decision. Can you do anything else?

No man has greater love, than to give his life in behalf of his ... kids!

good luck

clarity

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

It is YOUR life and you have to live it as you see fit ......To hell with anyone that gives you crap for your decisions !

You have the excellant oppurtunity to be clearly engaged with the education of your children . Be the man they need in their life by showing them how to have critical thinking skills , to be involved in life outside of just the organization ,AND most importantly to live a life free of feeling guilty for every stupid thing the Watchtower shoves down their throats . Be the counter weight in their lives .

You will find their childhood years fly by quickly and if you instill some powerful free thinking into them now , when they are older making their own choices maybe just maybe all will turn out well in the end . But it will not happen magically .....you need to actively be educating the children to deal with this cult .

In the future when they are grown maybe you will be able to fade peacefully for now Mister you are not a wuss you are an undercover agent , a special ops soldier protecting your kids future from a known enemy force .......now get out there and DO IT, but be careful and watch your back

Thank you my speech for the day is now finished you may applause now .....

• yknot
    yknot

It is not cowardice to poison the WT waters uber slowly.......it shows a great deal of strength and endurance to sustain such long periods to achieve ones goal.

You are fighting for your children and wife......just because the war isn't loud and bloody doesn't mean it isn't raging.

Are you engaging yourself as the 'spiritual head' of your family? FWN might seem to suck but it is an 'in' to introducing Bible things contrary to WTS teachings. (if she says 'no' you drag out those WT pubs and Bible that say she is to be submissive to a non-believing spouse). Probably focus on the scripture part of the KM and make it fun by finding corresponding Sunday School lesson plans online that include song, craft, activity and whatever.

Chin up!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You made your choice..

There are others just like you..Doing what they gotta do..

Now Cowboy up..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Open mind
    Open mind

Do what's best for your kids, your wife and yourself.

Kids come first in my book.

Plenty of smart, courageous people have walked in your shoes.

Hillary Step: waited approx 10 years for his wife to awaken.

Amazing: Got his kids out through "educational" family studies and remaining as an elder for a time.

Finally Free: Did the slow drip method on his wife and eventually she came around.

That's just a few.

I'll send you a PM.

om

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Finally Free: Did the slow drip method on his wife and eventually she came around.

Must be a different FF. I left mine 6 months after I DA'd.

W

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ultimately, you alone must decide what is best for your kids. Only you know the exact specifics of the dynamics involved. I wish you the best.

My kids were very young when I DA'd, and I had the support of dozens of my extended family members who were never JWs. Had my circumstances been different, it might have been necessary for me to 'keep up appearances' until I had a concrete plan for the future.

• wobble
    wobble

We all compromise in some measure if we wish to retain some contact with our poor benighted family trapped by mind-control within the cult of the Watchtower.

I constantly have to bite my lip, and say nothing in the presence of my Uber-Dub relatives, which has paid off for me, we have a workable family relationship which would be blown right out of the water if I opened my mouth on all occasions.

I sometimes think to myself "I should have said so -and -so " but such a thought is heavily edited with the benefit of time and hindsight, had I opened my big mouth at the time, I would have gained nothing grander than alienating my family.

It does not matter that we restrain ourselves if our motive for so doing is love for our family, and one day we may "win them without a word"

• Open mind
    Open mind

Apologies to Finally Free. DOH!

I meant ithinkisee.

Had a senior moment and I'm not even a senior.

Here's a link to one of his threads.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/95155/1/ITHINKISEE-Update-Nothing-to-tell

If you review his "Topics Started" you can get a good feel for how things went with his wife.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit