Secret elders meeting in the end of 2010

by Lore 28 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I really don't understand how this could be factual at this point. Is anyone on the board an elder or a MS who has attended or knows someone who has already attended? I didn't think they had started the schools, although they will be coming up soon.

In my congregation, there are a number of young people who are in college or university. I have never heard of this being a disfellowshipping or counseling issue, or even cause of a sheparding call. Certainly not for parents who pay for it. (although I don't know ANY member of the hall who has enough income to be able to pay for college though, all the kids are on grants and student loans I think) Two of my own children attended and graduated with degrees from four year universities, and NOTHING was ever said at all about it. All I have ever heard in talks and literature is strong discouragement, but never anything beyond that, and no personal conversations at all.

Please don't see these comments as a personal challenge, I don't mean it this way, it's just that I am curious where this information has come from that there are sanctions for your children attending college. Does anyone have anything that would point to me that there were sanctions of any kind? I am completely ready to accept being wrong, but I would like to see this in writing?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Grandma, I think it largely depends on what part of the country and what the personal attitudes towards college are with your local elder body.

However they have had the bullet to the brain analogy in District Conventions, so the party line has largely been anti college despite what your local elders think.

• LV101
    LV101

baltar447 -- i agree. the good ole boys are tough on EDUCATION out west from what i observed back east. the ones that are attending college (no matter how exemplary they were w/attendance and field circus) were made to feel bad and treated differently (less than) unless they had many family members w/prominent positions inside (then the hell-hole-hall watched their big mouths). Even women w/educations (very, very, few) are treated disrespectfully. the good ole boys/gals have their pecking order. the only good thing --- these educated ones leave and find a better religion (that wouldn't take much effort) and the borg is left w/losers fighting over the power spots.

LV101

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

So many here said to be "done" with the Organization, yet continue to dig into how things are going on the inside. It's crazy!

Either be "in" and apply Biblical teachings to the best of your ability, for a better present life and future, or be "out" and start living and minding your own business and leave others be what they choose.

DY

• LV101
    LV101

DO YOU THINK THE BORG IS SOFTENING THEIR POSITION on EDUCATION? maybe they're learning from their buddies, the mormans. that religion has all the marbles.

LV101

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Is there going to be a security pat-down at the entrance?

The problem with getting a recording of the meeting is not getting the recorder into the venue, it is getting a willing volunteer to do the recording. Unless you know a wayward elder that is attending I think the chances are pretty slim.

HOWEVERRRRRRR, I wondered if it may be possible to record the meeting from OUTSIDE the venue via AFIL's. (Audio Frequency Induction Loop)? As far as I am aware most KH's and AH's here in the UK have a loop for the deaf and hard of hearing. If our KH is anything to go by this spills halfway down the street!

So if any of you technical guys out there want to get a coil of wire........

Just a thought

George

• LV101
    LV101

Doubtfully Yours: people definitely can do whatever they choose --- including posters discussing reality of the watchtower which is not allowed inside the evil system. Freedom is beautiful.

LV101

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if the "top secret" is about being as unfair as they possibly can be. "Not becoming spiritually weak" can mean anything they want it to--one person might get away with maintaining regular boasting session attendance and field circus activity, while the next might lose their "right" to college if any member of the family misses just one boasting session for any reason or doesn't get 200 hours of field circus and 75 return visits each and every month, or does just one tiny "sin(??)".

• therevealer
    therevealer

You have a point doubtfull?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit