JWs love that " new generation" teaching- yes, they do.

by moshe 44 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Why do I say that? From a discussion I had with an active sister this past week. They had no "issues" with accepting the new generation understanding at all, she said. All the brothers agreed with the reasoning, apparently there were no protests, murmerings or complaints. I felt her out by saying that my KH had 3 or 4 who left over it, " Oh, Really?" I could tell she didn't see that from where she was sitting.

While the JWs weren't exactly doing cartwheels and backflips for joy over it, they really had no option but to accept the teaching as bona fide, new light from the bogus F&DS class.

WHY DO I BELIEVE THIS?

Time was runninng out for the old 1914 generation, and very soon the JWs were going to have to admit their entire 1914 generation dogma was- gasp - FALSE!

They couldn't stomach that option- having to admit to the world they wasted their entire lives following the flawed chronologies of their crackpot WT leaders.

Much like a physically beaten/abused wife with no place to go, the JWs can only cling to the false belief that tomorrow will be a better day.

For the cowed JWs, the deadline to facing reality about 1914 has been postponed (and not a minute too soon) and buried now for another 20-30 years. The JWs can continue on with their pathetic and wasted lives just like nothing has changed.

• designs
    designs

I remember having the discussion with my son when he asked 'what's changed with you Dad', I no longer believe in a God who will destroy humanity or civilization or this earth. That led into a discussion on 2000 year old concepts of Anthropomorphic gods in the age of String Theory.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I understand what you are saying, moshe, and how frustrating the realization is. Yesterday I had a devastating discussion with a Jehovah's Witness on the WTS blood policy. This person was not aware, or had somehow forgotten, that there was a change in 2000 that allowed the use of hemoglobin for the first time. They were skeptical. But when I also said that even bovine hemoglobin is allowed, I got full blown incredulity. I must have stumbled upon some apostate site, they said. But I got the information from the official watchtower.org site and being confronted with the proof caused a tense session of denial followed by walking out on me. Why does this person believe so strongly in this Society that it cannot possibly do any tiniest bit of harm? Feh.

• Ding
    Ding

Having bought themselves another 20-30 years, one option they have is to use 120 years of Noah warning his generation as a type and starting hyping 2034 as 120 years after 1914.

When that doesn't pan out, it will be their successors' problem to come up with an explanation.

The other alternative is to completely phase out mentioning 1914 (except as the date for Jesus' "invisible parousia") and focus solely on wars, terrorist attacks, etc. to hype the imminence of Armageddon.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Ding - one option they have is to use 120 years of Noah warning his generation as a type and starting hyping 2034 as 120 years after 1914.

I think that idea is in the back of many JWs minds, well the ever shrinking proportion who actually care about "that prophecy stuff". However it doesnt really work since 120 years to a man who lives 600 years is proportionate to about 15 years for a man who lives 75 years.

They absolutely need to phase out 1914. It was 96 years ago. It didn't even occur in my grandparents living memory! It doesn't mean anything anymore.

Actually, the real flood parallel, if the society had its way, would be God telling Noah to build an ark and preach about a flood that would happen several generations after Noah died.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness Cattle will accept any New Light they are given..

"Oh Look!..New Light!"..

"Moo!!"..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

More like a moth to a flame.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nickolas said:

" But I got the information from the official watchtower.org site and being confronted with the proof caused a tense session of denial followed by walking out on me "

trust, you hit a nerve, he won't sleep tonight,

this person, if a lifer, just had his world shook up,

that's why he left, yep he left, but he took his thoughts with him

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

wasblind, I hope you are right. If you are, I will buy you the best steak dinner you ever had. Deal?

• agonus
    agonus

You know, the WT gave itself an out back in 1995 when the understanding of "the generation" changed from "a definite period of time" to "a group of people", leaving out the chronological element, thereby no longer being bound to further date-setting, speculation, and inevitable disappointment. They should have left well enough alone...

BUT NOOO!!! The geniuses of GB 2.0, never ones to learn from anyone else's (much less their own) mistakes, went back to the "it's a definite period of time" again, only this time it's TWO OVERLAPPING "definite periods of time", furthering speculation and disappointment YET AGAIN.

Sigh. And when those two definite periods of time run out, will they go back to the "it's people, not chronology" explanation again?

I hope they aren't around that long. I doubt they will be, at least in any recognizable form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit