Why I think Jesus spoke against Organized Religion

by sabastious 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Please cite a specific scriptural passage to demonstrate this.

It's well known Jesus was against humans judging humans. No need to cite scriptures (so you, of an Organized Religion can mince words with me).

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And by the way, any passages you do cite were written by members of an organized religion, and preserved until the current day by members of an organized religion.

So Jesus was a member of an Organized Religion?

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Well said Sac. Your words inspire me to look more into Pauls writings.

Paul has some good stuff and some "bad" stuff, just like anyone else with an opinion.

SOmetimes Paul reminded his readers that it was HIS opinion and sometimes he didn't, since the reade KNEW Paul it was pretty easy for THEM to disconcern what Paul was sayingfrom himelf and what Paul was saying "from the Lord".

We don't have that advanyage so we must temper Paul's writings with the Gospels and other Letters.

We also need to remember that sometimes Paul wrote things and soemtimes he dictated and that matters too.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey Sab,

I think it's in the Insight trainwreck under "synagogue" that explained how the Christian congregation based its structure on the Jewish system. At the top of the Jewish system was the sanhedrin in Jerusalem. "It stands to treason that" the modern "Christian" organization would have a similar Governing Body in Brooklyn. *barf*

Yesterday's Botchtower lesson started by saying how Christendom is misled by their human popes patriarches, and other human leaders but JWs are led, not by men, only by Christ. About halfway through came the contradiction that a Governing Body of anointed Christian MEN leads the JWs and that listening to those men is like listening to Jesus.

Perhaps you were thinking that Jesus wouldn't approve of their level of self-promotion to equal status with him? See now, you have to realize that if they drink the wine and print something in their litteratrash, it must be what Jesus is telling them to say!

• tec
    tec

So Jesus was a member of an Organized Religion?

Well, actually, he was a member of Judaism. But he brought the teaching that people would be worshipping in Spirit and in Truth - not on a certain mountain, nor in a certain place.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Oh, also that the Holy Spirit would be teaching men into all truth.

Tammy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

PSacramento: "Paul has some good stuff and some "bad" stuff, just like anyone else with an opinion."

Yeah, I have mixed feelings on Paul's writings. I think the way the bOrg interprets Paul is very telling of what's on their mind. For example, on headship, Botchtower is big on man being the head of the woman, but as far as the head of man being Christ... stop the horses! The head of every man is "the Governing Body", who are just a little, itty-bitty-bit less than Jesus. The New New World Translation will probably get that verse revised, "the head of every man is Christ['s spirit guided governing body].

I don't agree with many of Paul's opinions on headship (women can have a direct relationship with Christ), but it's sad that when he would make a point about a direct relationship with Christ, JWs aren't permitted to believe that notion. The governing body will tell you what your relationship is.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Tammy, Jesus was a Jewish apostate.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yesterday's Botchtower lesson started by saying how Christendom is misled by their human popes patriarches, and other human leaders but JWs are led, not by men, only by Christ.

Which is EXACTLY what the "human popes and partriarches" say. Heh

Those silly watchtower people.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Tammy, Jesus was a Jewish apostate.

No, I don't think he was at all. I think the Jewish leaders had fallen away from what God wanted them to be. From the love and mercy he expected them to follow.

However, in the sense that he brought a new covenant, then yes, he would have been an apostate. But that didn't come until after he died, and people received Holy Spirit. He still seems to have followed all the laws (just showing the difference between how those laws, etc, should have been followed as opposed to were followed).

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit