Does your Cat want to sit on your Lap while you are on the Toilet .....?

by flipper 92 Replies latest social humour

• flipper
    flipper

PUBLISHING CULT- Mariska the cat was standing between your streams of pee ? That's one brave cat ! Hope she didn't get too much residual urine.

Here is the Mariska Hartigay ( actress ) who kinda looks like my wife and rivals your Mariska's beauty !

http://www.watt-up.com/j_gallery/Mariska_Hargitay/slides/Mariska_Hargitay%20(121).html

• shamus100
    shamus100

Um, no, gross.

• flipper
    flipper

SHAMUS- Ah come on. I would think a primate would enjoy mixing it up with a kitty ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• shamus100
  • saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Man - there are some beautiful cats amongst this group. I especially love the gray abyssian tiger of yours, Flipper. I would fall for him in a heartbeat.

Your mentioning snakes brought forth another cat story out of my memory bank - one day I came into the Living Room - had a lovely Oriental Persian carpet back in those days. a light turquoise color, and there in the middle of it was a garter snake - and all around him were my 6 cats. Danny Boy, a small tabby with a funny white streak up his nose, and such a character had brought him home to display to his friends. And they all appeared to wonder indeed what it was and what one does with it. Danny Boy then proceeded to demonstrate what a few paw pats would produce and I was freaking out because I was scared to death of snakes (better about it now after having to deal with many that summer). I ran out to the neighbors who were sitting in their yard and asked for help - a couple old gents - and they never got over laughing at me. One said he saw Danny Boy carrying the snake doubled up in his mouth down the lane to home. They picked it up just under the head and took it back outside for me. But apparently Danny Boy had found a whole nest of them because he just kept bringing more home all summer. Some got rolled upon, some got played with, but I never did see them try to eat one or actually kill it. I got so I regularly checked out my bed and under the bed to see I didn't have any surprise presents. Did find one under my dresser one time. And I learned to keep the screen doors closed. Nevertheless Danny Boy still slipped a few inside. For some reason the adventure was better in his mind if he got some drama from me.

One time I saw him under a bush warble just identical to a small bird. It was incredible and he got the poor thing as fast as a wink. Proceeded to eat the heart and leave the rest for his buddies. That was gruesome. He also had a special word that meant Crow - sounded quite like a Ca-aaw, Ca-aaw and all the other cats learned to mimic the same sound. He used to walk across the top of our roof and get dive bombed by them so he came to detest them.

Then one time we had two baby kittens - and Tom Tuna, the oldest of the bunch, brought a small mouse into the kitchen and set it right between the two kittens. He obviously thought it was just their size and was going to teach them about mouse hunting. Danny Boy who was about 1 or 2yrs old by then walked in, surmized the situation and said "I know what to do with that" and caught it so quickly. Tom Tuna gave him one sharp cuff for destroying the lesson. It was so funny to watch. Then later I saw Danny Boy bring in a tiny tiny mouse for the kittens himself. He obviously thought it was just their size and it must have been his amends for wrecking their first coaching session.

I was especially attached to Danny Boy probably because of how we found him as a tiny kitten out in the back yard, cold and wet, covered with fleas and his little tummy all distended - so pathetic. I wrapped him up in a towel and we dashed off for the vets - he was too flea covered to bring into the house and I didn't know whether we could save him or not. The vet fixed him up good as new and he was one cat who always purred in the vets office ever after - he seemed to remember how good it must have felt to get rid of the fleas, warm and fed. He got his name cause that evening I was cuddling him in the big rocker and singing the song Danny Boy as a lullaby to him and he just looked up with these bright eyes that seemed to say - are you talking to me? He loved being sung to ever after too.

He was the smallest of the bunch but he never shied away from a fight. And when he was getting the worst of it he would SCREAM - let out a sound you could hear a block away that usually brought myself or the rest of our pack to his rescue and one time I saw him use his screaming technique to bring rescue for Fluffy - the lead cat who was getting trounced and he knew he couldn't accomplish the task of rescue by himself. It was great fun to watch their interactions. Another time I saw him bring a live mouse to Fluffy - one could so see he didn't want to give it up but it was some kind of peace offering to acknowledge Fluffy's lead position I guess and he did what he had to but his nose was so bent out of joint and one could just see the pain in his eyes about having to be the smallest kid on the block. Fluffy accepted his gift with regal arrogance.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Hi flipper. Our cats like to come in and watch me as I sit on the pot. I guess they want to know what I ate the day before. Totally ADD

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Hi flipper. Sorry I forgot to tell you we have 4 cats and 2 dogs. 3 cats are 15 years old and 1 cat is 22 years old. She looks like she can live another 5 years. Her fur is still nice and shiny. Totally ADD

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Does my cat - cats - want to sit on my lap while I'm on the toilet?"

Yes... Very rarely...

But worse yet, they LOVE to sit on my lap while I'm on the computer - and it's much harder to type with them in my lap, digging in their claws, getting huffy because I'm not paying attention to THEM...

Lil' brats...

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Totally ADD - 22 years for your cat!!!! - That is spectacular. Keep us updated as his birthdays roll around.

• flipper
    flipper

SALTYOLDLADY- Thanks. Our Mikey cat is certainly a smaller type mountain lion for sure ! He's a cutie. Incredible experiences by your cats ! You've had some very interesting ones for sure ! Thanks for sharing.

TOTALLY ADD- Wow! Sounds like you take very good care of your cats . To have 3 cats aged 15 and one who is 22- you give them good care.

ZIDDINA- My cat Mikey ( the one pictured on pg. 1 ) drives me nuts as well wanting to be pet constantly nudging my hand when I'm on the computer too ! LOL ! Sometimes I've made typing mistakes or he's nudged me onto another program due to hitting a wrong key. It's hilarious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit