Swiss TV Program w/Andersons and Bowen on the Internet although in French

by AndersonsInfo 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mouthy
    mouthy

Barb Thanks a trillion For all you do.

• belbab
    belbab

Just a comment,

The grey-haired, tall, slim person that is being interviewed in a Kingdom Hall, is not just an elder. At the bottom of the screen it appears briefly who he is. His name is George Phililppe Mayor and his title is: Service d'Information de Temoins de Jehovah, (for Switzerland, I assume) In other words he is a public relations official of the Watchtower, similar to J R Brown in the US.

belbab

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Well, well, well . . .

The Watchtower's whip of silencing its dissidents is well exposed; as well as the closed mindedness of this elder who wouldn't look at any "contra" information.

Cult, cult, cult . . .

Information KILLS cults . . .

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

OMG, I am watching this right now, about 1/2 way through it. It is SOOOO good and professional. I can understand the gist, only becuase of the pictures. It pans between current JWs, elders and ex-JWs, ex-elders. Shows a good JW family, inside the KH, Paradise, the Big A, door-to-door, shunning, disfellowshipping, child abuse,......Explaining and debating.

I wish this was in English

Good job, Barbara and all other others who particpated in this.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm watching Bill Bowan and the man before who was molested. Very moving.... love the part about "not meaningful to go into the actual number (of pedophiles)." Just terrific!

The man's story about being molested by a JW babysitter and his mother walking in on them; and then the JW babysitter blaming the boy's crying on being reprimanded. Wow, is that moving. You are so brave to have come forward. I really thank you.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Barbara and Joe Anderson are on now. The rain was just perfect. How is that for Jehovah providing!

So, there is a camera crew across the street from the Kingdom Hall and the people are filmed exiting a service....and the Dubs did NOT look at the camera. Further, there is Barbara and Joe there! What's up with that? Was it a hidden camera? Do these people not know Barbara and Joe? This looked like Tennessee. Was it your congregation, Barbara.

The forms . . . wow . . it even shows the child abuse forms that Bethel uses.

Now, it pans back to the Chief Elder George n Swizertland, I bet he is going to explain it. Yep, he whips out a magazine with "Protect the Children" (or something like that. The Elder talks about the Catholic priests.....Catholics are bad...

Now, some other dude in a white shirt with a black blazer is talking and I can't understand. Damn. Is this Roberto? It sounds like "apostate" stuff. He is reading from an elder book, I think. It's all French.

Oh no, now it's back to Chief Elder Georges. The reporter is really hitting him hard on the child abuse. He can't figure out what to say. He is looking away, and he seems nervous.

I wonder if the good witness family watched it. I wonder what thier 3 teenaged boys have to say. I wonder if Chief Elder Georges thinks of himself and his performance? I wonder i Chief Elder Georges is going to trim that creepy mustache.

Boy, this is REALLY GOOD. We need this in English.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hey skeeter1. That is the Kingdom Hall that we attended in Manchester, Tennessee that you see in the program and where we were disfellowshipped by the elders that attended there. Apparently someone saw us standing in the back of the hall property being interviewed by the journalists and went back into the building and warned the Witnesses that we were outside. When the journalists walked with the two camera men to the front of the hall and across the street to video the JWs coming out of the Sunday meeting, they walked among the Witnesses on the sidewalk around to the front. Afterwards, in the car going to our home to tape the rest of our interview, the camera men said that they had been in the business for over 20 years and had never been ignored and treated as if they were invisible by anyone before. Usually when people see news people and professional camera men, they stop and stare or ask questions. However, not the JWs, who completely ignored us being interviewed or the Swiss group as if none of us existed. It was actually rather funny, if it hadn't been so sad.

The weekend the Swiss team was in our area was when Nashville had the disasterous rainfall of 22 inches in 24 hours or so and flooded the city destroying thousands of properties and doing billions in damage. The flooding made it very difficult for the Swiss to get around Nashville where they interviewed Bill Bowen on Saturday. We were interviewed on Sunday morning, 70 miles southeast of Nashville. That's why viewers of the program see so much rain falling as the crew makes their way through downtown Nashville as they headed our way. However, our area only had 5 inches during the weekend and when the Swiss folks arrived at the Kingdom Hall about noon, Sunday, the rain had stopped. We wanted to do the interview at the Hall earlier, but it was very difficult for the Swiss to drive out of Nashville because of all the flooding so they were late and that put them at the Hall when the meeting just ended. After our "invisible" interview there, we went to our home about 14 miles away where our property was a little soaked, but we didn't have any flooding.

Barb

• life is to short
    life is to short

It is amazing truly amazing. I am so thankful that you are out there doing this. So many do not have the courage to stand up like you and Joe have done. Evil prevails when good people do nothing. I am so glad that some good and wonderful people like you, Joe and Roberto and his children have the courage to stand up against evil. It is so hard to do, I know only too well.

Just last spring I called a brother in the service department. They will not give their names of course I wonder why. But this is a "brother" a person I have been speaking to for about a year now about the child molesters in my hall. From the way he talks to me he seems high up at Bethel and has been there for awhile from some of the things he told me.

I have been asking and asking why we are sending the child molesters in my hall door to door for the last three years. Finally I asked this person I can not call him "Brother" how we can slam the Catholic's like we do. We got really upset with me and I said again how can we as Jehovah's Witnesses slam the Catholic's like we do. He asked what I was meaning and I said when was the last time pedophile priest called on any one you know. At least the Catholic's have the sense to not send their child molesters out to the public.

This brother was so mad and upset with me it was beyond belief. He said in a very tight voice "thank you for calling sister LITS" and hung up on me.

I am relating this only because I think the more people come forward and hold the feet of the ones in Brooklyn and Patterson to the fire the more they will get upset like that "brother" did and blow it or saying something stupid back to you.

It is hard look at the how hard it was for the abused victims in the Catholic church to get a voice and be heard. It is hard to fight lies and people want an easy out so they want to believe the lies.

Like when you were on Dateline in 2002 my husband tried to convince me that it was not true. But it is true. I have seen it with my own to eyes in my congregation but I tired to live the lie for a couple of years until reality smacked me in the face.

And yes it takes two witnesses to a crime of child rape that is a outright lie.

I hope for the sake of people for their lives that this will help to wake up the world to the dangers of cults.

Thank you again.

LITS

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Lifetooshrt says:

I am so glad that some good and wonderful people like you, Joe and Roberto and his children have the courage to stand up against evil. It is so hard to do, I know only too well.

You are right, but not all are so glad. I've been reading the hundreds of posts on the TV forum, many JW answering disgusting and sickening sentences against Roberto and his children, attacking the person, no matter what has been said. I'm sick about that, I thought they were brother and sisters and I though they felt the same love and respect we felt for them.

I complaint the poor elder Mayor who didn't know how to react to the question on incest. The problem is that JW cannot answer by INSTINCT...Incest? I would go rapidly to the Police! No JW, cannot answer this way, Behtel has to dictate to them how to react!!!!!

Is there a pilot on the plane? Yes..that's the Bethel... JW's lives are directed from them...from there!!!!!!

• Nick!
    Nick!

For those who wondered who I’m I in the TV program, I am the guy in the, let’s call it, “cover sheet” of the program, together with my son Fulvio and, in several sequences in our house, next my desk in the library holding or using some of the Watchtower publications.
    My avatar is a picture of me a few years ago. It should be possible to recognize me as an older man … in the program.

Just a couple of words of translation about Philippe Mayor, the Public Relations Representative for the French zone of Switzerland (by the way, in Switzerland we have four national languages, and therefore PR is by native language), participation.

He did a good job, until he was asked by William, the journalist, about the JW policies on child abuse.

On pedophilia, instead of telling the audience what the internal instructions are, he said that it was the parents responsibility to report the abuse to the authorities, whereas, in Switzerland, reporting known crimes to authorities is compulsory and not limited to “parents responsibility”. But he got into trouble with the next question, “and what about if the abuse was perpetuated by the parents themselves?”.
    At that point, the poor Mayor didn’t know what to say as his previous justification would not hold anymore. He started, nervously, by taking the time to think about an acceptable answer which would not violate the Watchtower mandate, and, as he could not find any, he dismissed the question by a diversionary move, replying “I cannot tell you, I have never had the case”! But he was not asked about his experience with child abuse cases, he was being questioned about the Watchtower’s official position on child abuse and incest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit