Does the Watchtower contain photo's of the Devil

by jwfacts 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Yes, I remember that clearly as well... but don't remember the publication either...

• Caminante
    Caminante

The fastest I recall of is on page 29 of the Trinity brochure, but it's black and white. That illustration is reproduced in color in another publication, and you can clearly see Satan as a beardless, angry, blonde angel.

• dozy
    dozy

I was thinking that this was another of those "subliminal demonic images in the Watchtower" threads - maybe Paul had been knocking back a bit too much Fosters last night!

I also remember Satan depicted in a recent (maybe 7 years ago?) book or brochure as a beardless blond guy with nice teeth - maybe in connection with the "angel of light" scripture. A couple of sisters reckoned they quite fancied him. I'll see if I can find the picture.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Could it by that publication entitled something with worldwide peace... That contained some odd idead on living on other planets and stuff..

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

3Mozzies and Betterdaze thanks for the scans. 3M, that one from 1934 is hard to see but brilliant. It is a proper looking devil, wings and all.

Dozy, lol, except Fosters is not good enough for us Aussies, we send it all overseas.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm checking out "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" (1958). So far we just have a couple snakes and a lion to represent StD. If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

• Caminante
    Caminante

InquiryMan, that's it: page 51 in True Peace and Security—How Can You Find It? Here's a scan too (from the Hungarian edition of the book):

Satan tp-H p. 51

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks Caminante. That is an unusual representation for Satan, I don't quite get the point of a handsom Devil. He was beautiful as Lucifer, but 1000's of years of evilness should turn him ugly - like Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray,

• sir82
    sir82

Why does Satan shave? And what brand of razor does he use?

He could use a better hair stylist.

I can't believe no one has commented on the picture of Eve.

That's hot.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's not surprising that the Watchtower would depict the Devil as handsome, after all, they LOVE the guy and that's who they work for.... but aside from that, they like to put the REAL pictures of Satan in the literature by MIRROR images or half-images.... that only the initiates can pick up on.....like this one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit