Does the Watchtower contain photo's of the Devil

by jwfacts 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Wow, this Satan in Caminante's picture looks like a r&f JW! No beard, reasonable short hair, angry look, pointy finger... I think he's ready for field ministry! He could very well pass the test for baptism and "reach out" for an elder appointment...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh yes I remember this one.

I remember thinking he looked as if he was some villian in a campy Flash Gordon or Superman movie.

• TD
    TD

You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth page 106

--There's a better picture from about the same era where he looks like Robert King. I'll see if I can find it.

[edited to add] That's it above! (No offense, Robert. You've said so yourself)

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    3M, that one from 1934 is hard to see but brilliant. It is a proper looking devil, wings and all.

I agree Paul, I'm glad you liked it. I'm still searching, if I find others I will let you know.

3Mozzies

• smiddy
    smiddy

Doesn`t the bible somewhere say that the devil transforms himself into an angel of light ? 2 Cor.11:14 And who keeps getting this new light every few years ? Enough said !!

smiddy

• dozy
    dozy

I remember when that picture of Satan came out. One brother reckoned it was based on Michael Heseltine.

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Check out this link at the official site. The pic at the top left. http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091001a/article_01.htm

I remember this picture not too long ago but can't remember what publication it was on. It hit me for the same reason: I had never seen an illustration with Satan's face. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to post the pic. I didn't want to post w/o the actual pic but couldn't find it. Just happened to browse across it by accident... ;)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Appeared in The Watchtower October 1, 2009

• undercover
    undercover
    even the recently resurrected gb jaracz are pictured cavorting with her.

Well... I can't blame em for that...

I'd cavort with that, devil or no...

• processor
    processor

In older publications there also were pictures of the devil:

Enemies, page 226:

German version ("Feinde"), page 221:

Feinde

Government, page 197:

G

Share this

Google+