Does the Watchtower contain photo's of the Devil

by jwfacts 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have not been able to find any photo's of Satan the Devil in the Watchtower. There are photo's of the serpent with Eve, Satan's hand offering kingdoms to Jesus and a shadowy cloaked figure speaking to Jesus on the mountain. Apart from that I cannot locate any of a proper looking devil. Can anyone recall some illustrations?

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Photos? How do they get him to pose long enough? I always thought he was a speedy fellow...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Good question. I can mainly think of the serpent and the dragon in Revelation. But I vaguely recall that there might be an illustration in the older Rutherford publications. Curious too how Rutherford emphasized how beautiful the Devil was when he was Lucifer.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Here's his hand:

• asilentone
    asilentone

jwfacts just mentioned it.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

myth: lol

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

If JW's believe that Satan is supposed to be an invisible spirit being like God himself, what's the point? As stupid and self contradicting as many of you here believe the JW's to be, for them to illustrate the Devil in all his red skinned, spade tail wearing, pitch fork wielding glory defies logic. Just sayin'...

V665V665

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Palimpsest : Photos? How do they get him to pose long enough?

lol, good point. Maybe drawings would have been a better choice of terminology.

Mythbuster, the hand is not quite creepy enough for what I need.

Leo, a picture of the Revelation serpent is probably the closest I will get to what I am after.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yes there was an illustration/drawing/artist's depiction. I can't remember the publication, but it showed ol' Satan as an angel getting himself pounded by a giant beam of light or something. I remember being surprised since there wasn't typically any depiction of him in the literature.

• factfinder
    factfinder

What do you suppose Satan and his demons look like? would they look markedly different from faithful angels?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit