God created all things. Does that mean he is worthy of respect?

by sabastious 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

RElax, trueone, he was talking to me.

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    God created all things. Does that mean he is worthy of respect?

It does in my book.

BTS

• tec
    tec

Yes, it does mean that - if for no other reason than that you respect his skill and knowledge and experience.

He also gave us life, another thing worthy of both respect and gratitude - what we have done with that gift is our choice. Many choose to abuse it, by abusing others and our own children. Then, even though He has tried to tell us how to live, even sent His Son to show us and to redeem us, we just go about doing our own thing anyway, and we get angry at him for not cleaning up our constant messes. Not just angry, but we decide those messes are all His fault anyway.

(as per the do you respect the men who built your house question - yes, I respect them for their skill/trade. They invested time to learn it, and I benefit from it. So I respect them for that, yes.)

Tammy

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Why don't you start a thread listing your prophetic proofs, one by one. You could list ten of them, for instance. You can then silence the critics. Or, if they were unable to stand, you yourself would be silenced.

This was a fine idea. Too bad it ended with a total departure.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Silence, all the same, at least for now.

S

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i will silence when i die

• cheerios
    cheerios

if this god person wants my respect, he needs to do something to earn it. this whole "well i made you and gave you this mysterious book that is not really clear and is controversial and can say whatever people want it to say and is often abused ... but if you dont do what i say i'm going to kill you forever and ever" crap is not deserving of anything but scorn in my opinion.

i sure as hell dont treat my kids that way.

that's one reason why i dont believe that the god of the bible is true

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Let's say for argument's sake that the Garden of Eden story is literal. God sections off this relatively small patch of land with flowing rivers and makes it a paradise. He's got all the animals there, millions of species, for Adam to name. Just outside this garden, including the entire rest of the earth however, is a dried up wasteland filled with thorns, thistles and weeds. So the Garden was perfect, but the rest of the world was a challenge to even the most hearty individual. It wasn't a lot of fun for them after they were cast out of the Garden.

The question is, did God create a perfect world and man ruined it? Or did God create a primordial-like wilderness for man to cultivate? It makes all the difference in the universe for man to know why he's here. Is he the problem needing a savior, or is he the savior of the problem?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Yes, it does mean that - if for no other reason than that you respect his skill and knowledge and experience.

I think it goes without saying that he deserves respect as a designer... but that's not what this thread is about. Does he deserve our love and adoration SOLEY because he created all things? I guess I should have titled this thread differently.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit