Conscious Class: Do you still go in field service?

by brotherdan 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Lux,

We do care about each other very much because we've all been affected by the Watchtower Society to one degree or another.

We understand what you're going through.

We have some rip-snorting disagreements here sometimes, but it's all a part of the process of thinking for ourselves and testing what we believe and why.

Instead of the uniformity the Watchtower Society forces on Jehovah's Witnesses, we try to disagree respectfully, realizing that each person here is free to come to their own decisions about what to believe and how to live.

(In case you didn't see my earlier post, I've sent you a PM. You get that mail by double clicking on the little envelope icon in the top right corner. It's like your own email mail box on JWN.)

• Ding
    Ding

Lux,

When you get that error message, just go back and double click the envelope again.

Then it should open up.

If not, come back on this thread and let me know.

• sherah
    sherah

NO!!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome ele_lux!

Jehovah is extremely hard to please

Indeed he is. You can never do enough to please him.

My Heavenly Father is always pleased with me. He loves it when He sees the image of His Son being formed in me.

Even when I make bad choices He sees the best in me. Sure, He lets me learn from my own mistakes once in a while. I am finding I like following His advice more and more and listening to His Spirit.

Whenever I fall He picks me up. He never condems me. When I do well He takes pride in me. He is there in the good times and the bad. He is trustworthy and dependable.

Above all He loves me, not for who I am but because of who He is. Is the THE best Father you could ever dream of. When you know the Father's love you are secure, even in the storms.

To get to know the Father you need to know the Son.

John 14:6-10 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know [ a ] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

1 John 5:11-12 (New International Version)

11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

John 1:9-13 (New International Version)

9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Galatians 3:26 (New International Version)

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• clarity
    clarity

Lux,

Steven quoted John 14:6

Jesus said ...I AM the Way and the Truth and the Life. The Jw's aren't in the truth. They are not in Jesus!

Christ Jesus IS the Truth!

Hang in there.

c

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the FS is nothing but a huge waste of every one's time the GB know it but wont say anything due-to the amount of cash it brings in the fallacies about only the WTS are conducting a world wide work is B/S no one answers their doors to any one they dont know these days and with the huge percentage of JW paedophiles still out doing their sick work it makes it even more pointless for the r & f. The first things that get dumped when a Dub fades out are the FS and the then CBS.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

I go out and make it pointless. I drive from farthest point to farthest point. Get "lost." "oh I should move the car." take long breaks. You can spend 2 hours and have talked to maybe 2 people. I just need one RV every 6 months, so I can take the CO to it next time he visits.

• Quando
    Quando

No..I have not went out for a long long time..Thank goodness!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Another one in the hypocrite class....

ME!!!

I still do go out in service. But instead of every Saturday, I've cut down to average about 2. I can say that I have cut back drastically because before this I was a regular pioneer and went out almost everyday and practically all day.

And I do the fake doorbell ring or the light knock. If I happen to come across someone at a door, I keep it VERY simple, like perhaps just presenting a tract. And I NEVER write down the persons info so I don't have any RV's.

What makes it hard is that even when I completely believed I still didn't care for the ministry. So it is more pain-staking now being out when I know it's nonsense. But it's all part of the plan folks. Question is, how long can I last?

CoC

• Open mind
    Open mind

Haven't actually knocked on a door in about a year now.

However we still discuss some piece of WT Litterature with our unbaptized kids at least once a week.

So we can count that as FS time, right?

What? Our discussions of WT Litterature don't have to be POSITIVE do they?

So yeah. We e-mail our FS time in religiously.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit