Conscious Class: Do you still go in field service?

by brotherdan 52 Replies latest jw friends

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

When I was a kid there was a brother that we always went in FS with that thought it would build character for me to go to the doors by myself. I used these opportunitys to tell people that if they didn't take the magazines that I wouldn't be allowed back in the car... and they wondered how i placed so many magazines. If you don't want to fade and feel you must go out, the fake knock or light knock work best... if forced to talk pretend to get a nervous stutter, that should get you sent to the backseat for most of the morning.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I used these opportunitys to tell people that if they didn't take the magazines that I wouldn't be allowed back in the car...

Are you serious?!? That is awesome!!!

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

Wow, the abilities you guys have developed are amazing. I don't think I can ever go on FS again. I'm in an indigenous language congregation in Mexico, and since our territory is huge, we go out for 6-8 hours a day with only one short break around 1 pm. So i could never stand faking for so long.... In my case I think it's especially around the brothers that I find it the hardest. Talking about "spiritual" things all the time, and faking the Witness frame of mind.... it's exhausting. Plus we only get to where the territory starts in cars; the rest of the day we walk all over. Not an easy sacrifice for me.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Talking about "spiritual" things all the time, and faking the Witness frame of mind.... it's exhausting.

Seriously, I know what you're talking about. It's so tough.

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

ele_lux it sounds like your in a tough spot. If you don't want the dramatic exit and plan to fade I would recommend serious planning, it is alot like chess you must be four moves ahead of your opponets. If you are living with JW's I recommend getting your own place if possible, it makes it sooo much easier to fade. All the hard work and bad days are worth it once you have your Freedom. I like you suffered from depression and suicidal thoughts but since i worked up the courage to leave I have started a wonderful family and have never been this happy in my life, i have real friends who aren't conditional and I found that my family have softend on their hardline stance for the most part and have come to accept me for who i am. I wish you the best of luck and remember you have plenty of friends here, so use us as much as you need

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Debating with myself if I'm being part of the Conscious Class, assuming so. No, I do not participate in FS, I explained to couple of Elders why it would be inappropriate and they agreed.

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

I'm SO happy for you, will_the_apostate. I really hope in time i can be where you are now. Today I'm happy because I'm realizing a couple things are actually working on my favor:

1) There are only two elders in my congregation, and they are both struggling with REALLY tough situations in their personal lives, so they don't have as much time to see for the flock.

2) In my hall I'm known for getting "sick" out of the blue as far as everybody know. What it really is is I get seriously depressed from Witness frustrations and i miss meetings and service for days or even weeks in a row (not normal in a regular pioneer, but they are used to it with me by now).

3) My parents hate talking about family issues outside the family, so they would never tell on me to the elders.

4) My little brother (19-year-old) is being totally supportive and trying to find his way out as well.

5) I have you guys here who are an amazing encouragement and have great advice.

So I'm optimistic about this whole thing.

Of course i realize once i'm absent for a month, 2 months... they will figure out it's not my normal sick periods and start asking questions. There's also the possibility of my mom dying of humiliation if i get caught as an "apostate" and get df'd (I have reasons to believe she could literally die). So it's not all great, but I'm hopeful.

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

I explained to couple of Elders why it would be inappropriate and they agreed.

how'd you do that?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Wow, I've read all the experiences and all were delicious.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

how'd you do that?

By telling them the truth, that I had not been able to make the truth "my own" during my active years. I was referring to doubts concerning myself and my position in God's plans. I did not attack any doctrinal issues, I really couldn't either, as said I've not been able to make truth "my own". I was however prepared to whatever outcome. I understood they could interpret this as DA (it was not what I was searching for), they could find the reason to start DF process (I believe they have means, knowledge and right to pursue this too), that it was OK was the least expected outcome.

I have my family in, I have extensive amount of "friends" I've learned to know during years. I would not have resisted the DA/DF either, I know what is the consequense of that. Put I really believe that each and everyone must themselves be satisfied with what and how they believe. It cannot be outsourced to a collective body. If someone really believes personally I'm glad for them, if someone has found out that they cannot believe this way, I'm equally glad form them, because both parties have made a personal decision.

Ok, this went slightly OT, sorry for that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit