DMCA Complaint from The WatchTower for links to KS-10 'Shepherding' book

by Simon 217 Replies latest forum announcements

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Who wants to place a bet that they will talk about this situation in a cryptic way in one of the upcoming KMs or WT articles? ...."

Yup, I think you nailed it, Brother Dan...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

lady Lee CORRECTLY pointed out that the WTBTS has the copyright on the book.

It is ILLEGAL to distribute the book in its entirity without their permission.

Why dont posters show the same disregard for copyright by distributing CDs, and novels here for free??

With appropriate legal action they could shut down this very valuable forum for doing such a thing.

If you must break the law on this, use Wikileaks. One of the Rules of posting here is that you do not do illegal stuff. Yet the posters of the new book are doing just that.

This talk of "war" by some posters has no more impact on the WT than dancing around in front of NY Bet hell in your underwear "giving them the finger" through the window.

Why not discuss relevant sections using necessary quotes that follow the law on "fair use"?

HB

HB

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I know how they could "track" each book that is distributed. But I ain't tellin' em' how to do it.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Well, for the record, HAMSTERBAIT, since you called me out. I haven't linked a d/l site, I haven't posted it here or whatever. I was making a joke of the way that the WTS is reacting to this. It is hysterical, they have NO CONTROL over their lame ass organization.

So I'm sorry if I offended you in my sarcastic, rebellious, brazen attitude towards the whole fucking thing. If the WTS wants to hunt down each individual on this board and legally go after them for having downloaded or posted a link to the full book, let them, they won't.

They won't waste the money in legal fees to do so. Besides, these are our avatars and aliases. The deniability is too high for most of us for them to make accurate charges.

So in other words, chill dude. I respect Simon's wishes, I won't do anything to harm the viability to this forum.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Regarding Lady Lee's and Hamsterbait's observations:

What of the "law of unintended consequences"?

A perverse effect contrary to what was originally intended (when an intended solution makes a problem worse),
    such as when a policy has a
    perverse incentive that causes actions opposite to what was intended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintended_consequences

CC

• Mary
    Mary
    the more I want to take the pdf files I have of the whole book and print it up at a place like Kinkos by the hundreds and go hand it out to the public, to the church pastors, etc. ...."

Forget the public and church pastors......send a copy to your local JWs.

If someone has the files, can you please PM me? I would um, like to make a copy. Or two. Ya I know......brazen attitude on my part.......

Hammsterbait said: This talk of "war" by some posters has no more impact on the WT than dancing around in front of NY Bet hell in your underwear "giving them the finger" through the window.

I beg to differ Hammsterbait. If that's how they viewed it, they wouldn't be going to such extraordinary steps to try and stop it from being made public. Reminds me of when they filed a lawsuit against Quotes.....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

To the pastor of Acme Baptist Church:

For the past 120 years the Jehovah's Witness organization has been active in promoting their unbiblical beliefs to millions through their publication "The Watchtower". Honest hearted people, wishing to learn the truth about Christ have come to them and accepted their apostate teachings, while thinking that they were finding "the truth" about God's kingdom.

Fortunately many are finding their way out of this corrupt organization and finding the true freedom that Christ promises. However, many are still trapped inside. They are captives of a concept. This concept is that they belong to an organization that is being directed by the Faithful and Discreet Slave, spoken of in Matthew 24:45-47. These men in leadership positions are teaching these honest hearted ones that God directs his activity on earth ONLY by these few men that reside in Brooklyn, NY USA.

While the rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses think that they have access to all materials that the Watchtower Society publishes, there are some "secret" books that are used by this "Governing Body" to better control such ones in the congregations. One such book is called "Shepherd the Flock of God."

We would like to supply a print out of this book for use in your personal ministry towards Jehovah's Witnesses in order for you to be better equiped in reaching the hearts of such lost sheep. This is a book that has been forbidden for any member that is not an elder of the Watchtower organization. If exposed, lies that have been told under oath in courts around the world will come to light.

This book is currently being distributed to the every elder in the 100,000 plus congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses around the world. This manual dictates the rules and regulations that all Jehovah's Witnesses must follow and what punishments are to be administered to those that do not conform. The Jehovah's Witness Governing Body has been especially strong in their efforts to keep this manual secret to the millions of non-elder Jehovah's Witnesses around the world. We feel that this secret society must be exposed for the apostate church that it is. We trust that this manual will be of benefit in your helping Jehovah's Witnesses to see the light of Christ and leave this mind control cult.

Sincerely,

Crucaders Against the Watchtower (CAW)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It's called "Theocratic Warfare" or "Theocratic Tact", Hamsterbait. The WTS practice it themselves.

This site does not host any illegal information.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

lady Lee CORRECTLY pointed out that the WTBTS has the copyright on the book.

Correct

It is ILLEGAL to distribute the book in its entirity without their permission.

Correct

Why dont posters show the same disregard for copyright by distributing CDs, and novels here for free??

Becuse music doesn't affect my life and hasn't controlled my entire existence for 36 years.

With appropriate legal action they could shut down this very valuable forum for doing such a thing.

And I will respect Simon's wishes to stop.

If you must break the law on this, use Wikileaks. One of the Rules of posting here is that you do not do illegal stuff. Yet the posters of the new book are doing just that.

Good point I agree.

This talk of "war" by some posters has no more impact on the WT than dancing around in front of NY Bet hell in your underwear "giving them the finger" through the window.

Not the same, the org controlling this book, is the same that is controlling the bible by claiming absolute authority in interpertation.

Why not discuss relevant sections using necessary quotes that follow the law on "fair use"?

Because if I can't show the scanned copy to my family they won't belive the WTS could ever publish such garbage.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

BrotherDan, if you don't mind my good sir, I'd like to use that in my letter to the public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit