Freemasonry and Jehovah's Witnesses

by Hammer_Of_Thor 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Blondie: "

Can't get more accurate info than Barbara did.

Barbara Anderson called/wrote to the Freemason office in Pennsylvania and they checked their records and said their membership shows no evidence that Charles Taze Russell or his father were members."

----

Pardon me, Blondie, but I think Barbara is very inaccurate in her "research". Her wording is very slanted. Perhaps you did not see the last post on that thread. Here it is for you again.

-----

Andersoninfo: "NO, CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL WAS NOT A PENNSYLVANIA FREEMASON!"

Tricky bit of wording here, people. The operative word is PENNSYLVANIA! And while Russell may not have been a PENNSYLVANIA Freemason, he could very well have been a mason in another jurisdiction! Here's proof! (I hate sly wording.)

Grand Lodges and Grand Orients are independent and sovereign bodies that govern Masonry in a given country, state, or geographical area (termed a jurisdiction). [12] There is no single overarching governing body that presides over worldwide Freemasonry; connections between different jurisdictions depend solely on mutual recognition. [13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry

If you dig you will find that some Lodges are considered "Clandestine".

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Hammer-of-Thor: "Thanks for all the input from contibutors. My original quest was to find a precedence set regarding disfellowshipping on grounds of Masonic affiliation. I am still looking for that precedence."

When Masons want to exit the Lodge, as in discontinue their membership, they must pay a dimmit. And then, also they must ask permission to leave and be approved. In order to be approved, there are a few hoops they must jump through.

When JWs want to discontinue their membership, they pay a blood sacrifice in being separated from their families and shunned forevermore.

• twice shy
    twice shy

The Principals of Masonic Law by Albert G. Mackey reads of a similar structureas th WTBT$

It should, therefore, be the object of every Mason, to avoid the censure or reproach of his Brethren, by strictly confining himself as a point within that circle of duty which, at his first initiation, was presented to him as an object worthy of his consideration.

There are a lot of similarities and coincidences.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There are a lot of similarities and coincidences when comparing the WT to other Cults, and even a comparison with a Totalitarian regime like North Korea.

That does not mean there is a connection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit