Catholic church secrets that would cause mass panic if came to public knolwage

by Hairyhegoat 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

What people w our bible only protestant background don't understand about the catholic church, is that catholics aren't bible only. If the bible said one thing and the church said another, they would traditionally go w the church. That may sound incongruent, but it isn't if you bear in mind that the catholic decided what went into the nt. The papacy can be considered as being on equal or, at times a higher level than the bible authority. Therefore, even if there were church secrets to reveal, they would be more likely to cause panic among protestants than among catholics.

S

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Many and most catholics go to church for a status symbol. I asked my grandson (20) if he believed what he heard in the church , he said no. he said that doesn't stop him from going. He then said his church doesn't tell him what to do.. All his friends go there and he went to Catholic schools all his life. His other Grandma's side are all Catholic also.

They can come and go when they want. No guilt trip. They do have an awful lot of rituals but not as many as they used to apparently.

My Catholic grandma used to take me and I would sit in awe, I felt like I was in God's house.

It was all in Latin then. I had no idea what they were telling god on my behalf!..

Snoozy..

• Satanus
    Satanus

Snoozy

It's ritual that does it, for a lot of people. Ritual is sometimes, more powerful than words.

S

• cantleave
    cantleave

The RC religion is as much a cult as JW's - just much bigger.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I hope one of the Catholic Church secrets isn't that the Jehovah's Witnessess are the true religion.

Think About It

Didn't the New World Translation originally come from literature that was approved and published by Rome? Seems to me that all protestant religions are still based on documents approved and edited by Rome.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Didn't the New World Translation originally come from literature that was approved and published by Rome? Seems to me that all protestant religions are still based on documents approved and edited by Rome.

The library at the Vatican supposedly holds many of the oldest known manuscripts of copies of the original Bible texts, so scholars have to go there to get access to those documents.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Do they need to become members to get the special library card, like the UN?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit