2011 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule (TMS)

by Inside Man 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

You know what I find interesting. Last year when I was all gung-ho about studying for every part on the TMS and even SM parts, in preparing I found that most if not all parts on the school have been recycled for years. In fact, the titles are practically identical to last years assignments. They just rotate them through.

No wonder I always thought that the meetings all sounded the same. Because they were!! There is no further understanding, there is no in-depth studying, it's all recycled. Even the the talks that just give you the topic without references, the do it yourself talks, those are all recycled Watchtower or some publication that has been printed information that has already been said a hundred times.

So boring, so mind-numbing, such blah blah blah.

• Ding
    Ding

<< No. 2 - How Are We Involved In The Fulfillment Of Haggai 2:7 >>

We are shaking all the nations by obeying God's organization without question, thereby hastening Armageddon, which is coming any day now.

<< No. 3 - Who Are The Rulers In The Kingdom? (rs p. 226 para. 3-5) >>

A small group of brothers in New York who are too humble to let their names be mentioned.

<< No. 2 - What Effect Will God's Kingdom Have On Human Governments? (rs p. 227 para. 1-2) >

It will wipe them out. Can you spell A-R-M-A-G-E-D-D-O-N?

<< No. 3 - Lessons That Youths Can Learn From Kings Hezekiah And Josiah >>

Obey God's organization without question.

<< No. 2 - Ways In Which We Can Oppose The Devil (Jas. 4:7) >>

By obeying God's organization without question.

<< No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Sanctify Jehovah's Name (rs p. 227 para. 3-5) >>

By annihilating everyone who didn't obey God's organization without question.

<< God's Kingdom Will Unify All Creation In Pure Worship (rs p. 228 para. 1-2) >>

All of creation will obey God's organization without question.

<< No. 3 - WHY NONE OF THE DEMONS ARE ATHEISTS (Jas. 2:19) >>

Because they read the Watchtower faithfully, and so should you!

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

AUG. 1 - Bible Reading: Psalms 87-91

No. 1 - Psalm 89:26-52

No. 2 - REASONS WHY JEHOVAH'S FAITHFUL SERVANTS ARE HAPPY

No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Eliminate War And Corruption (rs p. 228 para. 3 to p. 229 para. 2)

AUG. 8 - Bible Reading: Psalms 92-101

No. 1 - Psalm 94:1-23

No. 2 - God's Kingdom Will Provide Food For All And Do Away With Sickness (rs p. 229 para. 3-5)

No. 3 - Guard Against The Deceptive Power Of Riches (Matt. 13:22)

AUG. 15 - Bible Reading: Psalms 102-105

No. 1 - Psalm 105:1-24

No. 2 - WHY WE SHOULD NOT LOOK BACK LONGINGLY AT WHAT WE HAVE FORSAKEN TO SERVE JEHOVAH (Luke 9:62)

No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Provide Homes, Employment, and Security For All (rs p. 229 para. 6 to p. 230 para. 2)

AUG. 22 - Bible Reading: Psalms 106-109

No. 1 - Psalm 109:1-20

No. 2 - God's Kingdom Will Cause Righteousness And Justice To Prevail (rs p. 230 para. 3-5)

No. 3 - *Follow The Examples Of Jehovah And Jesus In Displaying Good Manners (ASSIGN TO BROTHERS ONLY)

AUG. 29 - Bible Reading: Psalms 110-118

Theocratic Ministry School Review

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

SEPT. 5 - Bible Reading: Psalm 119

No. 1 - Psalm 119:49-72

No. 2 - Why The Scriptures Encourage The Fear Of Jehovah (Deut. 5:29)

No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Resurrect The Dead (rs p. 230 para. 6 to p. 231 para. 3)

SEPT. 12 - Bible Reading: Psalms 120-134

No. 1 - Psalm 124:1 - 126:6

No. 2 - God's Kingdom Will Provide A World Of Love And Harmony (rs p. 231 para. 4-6)

No. 3 - How Can We Keep A "Simple Eye"? (Matt. 6:22,23)

SEPT. 19 - Bible Reading: Psalms 135-141

No. 1 - Psalm 137:1 - 138:8

No. 2 - Why We Find Comfort In Paul's Words At Romans 14:7-9

No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Make The Earth A Paradise (rs p. 232 para. 1-3)

SEPT. 26 - Bible Reading: Psalms 142-150

No. 1 - Psalms 144:1 - 145:4

No. 2 - Did God's Kingdom Begin To Rule In The First Century? (rs p. 232 para. 4-6)

No. 3 - *Why Must We Avoid "Acts Of Favoritism"? (Jas. 2:1-4) (ASSIGN TO BROTHERS ONLY)

• Ding
    Ding

I hope I haven't bored you with my posts in this thread.

Soldier77 has summarized very well the points I've been trying to make with my silliness.

You don't have to attend the meetings.

You KNOW what it all boils down to.

So why does the WTS do it this way?

Mind control.

Keep repeating the programming so JWs respond reflexively with the organization's mantras instead of real thinking.

@Mad Sweeny: Yup. RS was published in 1985 (10 years after Armageddon came in 1975; oops, never mind...)

@Brotherdan:

1. You said regarding Thomas' statement; "You can't just decide that he was talking to someone else in the middle of the sentence. Nowhere is that indicated."

You are using sound hermeneutics. Unfortunately, the hermeneutics of the vast majority of JWs consists of, "What does the FDS say it means?"

2. Whenever I show a JW all the OT verses about Jehovah that the NT applies to Jesus, the basic answer I get is "Like Father, like Son."

I call it the "Jehovah, Jr. complex."

I know that may sound flippant, but that illustrates how the constant WT recycling of its dogmas creates a reflexive response so JWs won't question their neatly packaged Christology or anything else the GB says.

It's truly a miracle when anyone breaks free.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    You are using sound hermeneutics. Unfortunately, the hermeneutics of the vast majority of JWs consists of, "What does the FDS say it means?"

FINALLY!!! Someone who understands hermeneutics! Most people that I try to talk about it with just look at me with a blank stare. They don't understand HOW to interpret things scientifically! While we all do it naturally to some extent in other literature, we must use the same rules in regards to the Bible.

For example, my granny could write me a letter and I could look in the middle of the letter and in the middle of a sentence and see that she wrote, "I could just DIE!" I could be really upset that my granny wanted to kill herself. But if I looked at the context and applied rules of hermeneutics in this regard I could see that she said, "My friend told me such a funny joke, and I laughed so hard...I COULD JUST DIE!"

But we are dealing with a group of uneducated men in Brooklyn. The halfway educated ones, like Fred Franz, were happy to consciously (IMO) use mind control to supress the masses. The rest, well...they just don't know any better.

• Ding
    Ding

<< No. 2 - REASONS WHY JEHOVAH'S FAITHFUL SERVANTS ARE HAPPY

Because the faithful and discreet slave SAYS they are happy.

Because if you're a JW and you're not happy it must be that something is wrong with YOU, not the organization.

Remember, Armageddon is coming any day now.

<< No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Eliminate War And Corruption (rs p. 228 para. 3 to p. 229 para. 2) >>

Obey everything God's organization says without question or you too will be eliminated.

<< No. 2 - God's Kingdom Will Provide Food For All And Do Away With Sickness (rs p. 229 para. 3-5) >>

Didn't this happen already in 1975?

Oh, sorry. I'm a little behind in my Watchtower reading.

<< No. 3 - Guard Against The Deceptive Power Of Riches (Matt. 13:22) >>

Donate all you have to God's organization now and wait for the paradise earth.

<< No. 2 - WHY WE SHOULD NOT LOOK BACK LONGINGLY AT WHAT WE HAVE FORSAKEN TO SERVE JEHOVAH (Luke 9:62) >>

A loaded language lecture to get you to obey God's organization without question.

<< No. 3 - God's Kingdom Will Provide Homes, Employment, and Security For All (rs p. 229 para. 6 to p. 230 para. 2) >>

Donate all you have to God's organization now, pioneer, and wait for the paradise earth.

<< No. 2 - God's Kingdom Will Cause Righteousness And Justice To Prevail (rs p. 230 para. 3-5) >>

Quit complaining, obey God's organization, and wait for the paradise earth.

<< No. 3 - *Follow The Examples Of Jehovah And Jesus In Displaying Good Manners (ASSIGN TO BROTHERS ONLY) >>

Don't show disrespect for the elders.

• Ding
    Ding

BD,

Right after the Chicago Bulls' basketball dynasty ended, I attended a series of (non-WT) talks on Revelation.

The speaker decided to start by discussing the importance of sound hermeneutics, especially when reading symbolic, apocalyptic literature.

He said, "Suppose two thousand years from now someone unearthed a portion of the Chicago Tribune sports page that began this way:

Alas for the mighty Bull!

He who was greatly feared is no more.

Gone is the great 20-and-3.

Gone also is the one who was like him, known as the 30-and-3.

Gone even is he who was pierced in many places..."

He said, "Now, do you see that if this person didn't know what basketball was or Michael Jordan and his number or Scotty Pippen and his number or Dennis Rodman and, well, Dennis Rodman..." do you see how he could rip language like that out of its context and claim it meant ANYTHING he wanted it to mean? And he'd understand nothing of what the original writer was trying to convey. I hope you get the point. It's really easy for us to do that to the Bible..."

• Ding
    Ding

I'm going to stop with my silliness.

I'm having way too much fun.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Definitely. When you try and "spiritualize" everything, you are going to be wrong 99.9% of the time.

But the WT is so haughty about it all. Before they even begin explaining Revelation in the book, they say that NO ONE can understand Revelation without the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Wow...how sad. It doesn't even belong to us. It belongs to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit