by varian 20 Replies latest jw friends

• varian
    varian

well then, i suppose as we are facing the 100th anniversay of jesus return in 1914, there sure must be the usual rumors going on in the cong.

for those in touch with jw: what have you heard so far? is it a bit like pre-1975 with high expectations?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

that would be 'reasonable' and if they didn't screw up on the 1975 thing, they could have came up with a 2014 prediction. I think they are 'hoping' something happens, so they can drop the 1914 and say, "new light on 1914".

"Evidentally" 1914 date was based off of 1874 as the end of 6,000 years of man. When we found out that we were 100 years off, we thought that 1975 was going to be that date. But since we had since changed our calculation of 1914 to hide the 1874 date as Christs return and agree with our teachings on the 'evidence' of 1914 as proof we are God's organization, we couldn't then update the end of 2014 from the 1975 date. Now that big things are happening, this new light that Christ's return is 2014 is evident that he has now returned and has selected us as the faithful and discreet slave.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome varian!

Revelation 1:7 (New International Version)

7 Look, he is coming with the clouds,
    and every eye will see him,
    even those who pierced him;
    and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

Acts 1:9-11 (New International Version)

9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 (New International Version)

The Man of Lawlessness
    1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness [ a ] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

Footnotes:
    1. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Some manuscripts sin

Blessings,

Stephen

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I heard a number of people say over the years that if it didn't come by 2014 then christ's coming would be history. I think as we draw closer to the date all those JW's will selectively forget they ever mentioned it.

MMXIV

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They will prolly just pick a group of new young board members who will say "Jesus told us to tell you...." so instead of the FDS, it will be replaced by these new vicars.

And to keep things going they will promote the green agenda from the green man. It sounds christ-y enough. Instead of door knocking, JWs will go out to pick up the litter from all the magazines they passed out.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think the next new light will be that the Big A will come 120 years after 1914, and they will cite Jesus saying "just as in the days of Noah" .... but they will probably hold off on that for awhile because the dubs will fold up tent and fade out if they are told they have to wait until 2034. I don't think it matters though, because there will be so much revealed in the near future that all religions will be exposed for what they are and will all fall at the same time. Call it the fall of Babylon if you will, but Babylon is actually much much bigger than that. It is the fall of the human ego, aka "Satan".

~PS

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Prod, I do hope you are right since much of the evil in the World and its problems are the fault of religion.

2014 is a problem that must be in the back of all Dubs minds :

"100 years, and He has done two things, not much and bugger-all !"

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Lol @ cameo,

Instead of door knocking, JWs will go out to pick up the litter from all the magazines they passed out.

Now I would pray for that!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Well, the SDA's have held onto 1844- once an important date (originally Christ's return)...which has now faded in importance but is considered the beginning of 'investigative judgment). 1914 will probably always be the time of the end...or perhaps remaining as just the end of the gentile times...a term that will fade in importance but always be held onto to keep the 1914 date and subsequent events intact.

• wobble
    wobble

The more they hang on to it the better, it is easy to disprove and therefore explode the myths they have built up about being chosen as the FDS in 1919.

I think they have already let it fade in to one of those things that is just accepted, they certainly discourage new ones from looking in to it, hiding their reasonings in long, windy appendices to books etc.

The calibre of people they attract today are unlikely to delve too deep.

You have to go back a long way in their literature to come up with an easy to understand ,and therefore question , explanation of how they arrive at 1914.

1914/1919 is their Achilles Heel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit