Name Some Stupid Organization/ Congregation Rules

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There's a lot of them!

One rule is you can't wear a tee shirt with writing on it if you are working at a quick build KH . Nothing with logos.

Let's add more stupid rules that were in your Hall or that the Organization has.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Some are no longer enforced....

White shirts only

Suits no sport coats

No jean skirts

No gum chewing

No short skirts or long slits in the skirts

No snacks for the little ones during the meeting

No fishnets

No motorcycles

No dangerous sports - IE: ski diving, tackle football, bungee jumping

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

When it was our Group's turn to clean the KH one Sunday, I offered to do the vacuum cleaning, they said cannot get the vacuum cleaner out today it had to be done on one's hands and knees with a dustpan and brush. Needless to say, I didn't do it since I cannot bend long enough to do the job that way and besides which I had my best clothes on.

Anyone know the reason for this rule?

LI

• minimus
    minimus

shouldn't have a 2 door car (unwritten rule)

• minimus
    minimus

Little Imp, maybe it was Family Worship Day??

• JeffT
    JeffT

"If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I think it would be a shorter list to show what exactly IS allowed, instead of what is forbiden in JW Land. Hell, everything is forbidden, including enjoyable sex!!!!!!

Know what I think is messed up?? The whole Circuit Overseer feeding arrangement; as in members of the congregation have to feed this asshole when he shows up at their door.

Excuse me, since when does the flock feed the Shephard? Shouldn't that be the other way around, doesn't the Shephard feed the flock??

So, shouldn't the Circuit Overseer be taking the whole congregation out to a buffet or The Olive Garden after his public "talk"???????

Just little things that make you go, Hmmmmmmmmmm.

- Wing Commander

• minimus
    minimus

Having to turn in a report for sacred service.

Not being on social networks like Facebook.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

JeffT:

Reminds of some scripture that says something like, "To the giving of titles and the printing of books there is no end....." or something similar, said in a negative light. Sure fits the WT Society, doesn't it????

- Wing Commander

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Our Cong. had a rule against flip flops- a CO hated the sound they make and was incensed that some sisters wore them out in service- so all the pioneers had to go out and buy regular shoes- they went overboard and would wear any sandals because they were afraid they would make that slapping sound even if they werent specifically "flip flops"

Back in the 80's- no watching the Simpsons- there was a feeding frenzy demonizing Bart Simpson- "Don't have a cow man"

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit