Religious Hate Crimes

by Spade 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spade
    Spade

I was never a member so I never left. How does this effect me? This is bull, that I should have talk to whatever people about these things. That's why I don't even care for religion in itself if you have to deal with sh-t like this.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It really won't effect you in the sense of shunning. You will be considered an unbelieving mate- if they feel you can be converted, they will try..otherwise you will be left alone. Your wife will be forced to choose between loyalty to the or gand you though as far as holidays, blood transfusion, missing meetings, etc. She will likely give up her nonJW friends. If she breaks JW rules she would be subject to the hatred I described.

In a JWs eyes you are a worldy person who God will destroy if you do not join them/

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That passage of Pauls was directed at a specififc congregation in rgeards to a specific individual.

It was not directed as "doctrine' but obviously intented to resolve a particular issue with a particular person.

In all of Paul's writings, does he say to SHUN or not assosicate with people that don't share or no longer share the same religious beliefs?

This individual in Corinth was doing something that was not only morally wrong, but legally ( in regards to the Law of the Commandments) wrong as well.

This wasn't an issue of "difference of oinion in regards to doctrine".

Expel the Immoral Brother!

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature a may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

6 Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.” b

Notice what Paul says here:

11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Notice that he is making clear the offense and further he states before this:

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father’s wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this?

Notice how Paul says that what this person does is even BEYOND what the pagans do !

This was such an extreme situation that Paul felt that this unrepentant individual had to be cast out for the better of the whole church since he was "contaminating" it ( ..And you are proud!..).

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

So evidently you don't care for the Six Screens of the Watchtower website. Haven't we been over this already? I don't care for that website either, so I don't go there to get information. I would recommend jwfacts.com if you're truly searching for information about the JW's.

Your wife is being recruited into a dangerous doomsday cult. A cult that requires its followers to shun their own parents, children or siblings who successfully escape from the organization.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I thought I would bring this back up to the top for reference due to the thread about JW/Media popping up today -

What hatred is taught by the cult?

Spade, the first hatred of the cult is the believe that they and they alone will be preserved alive when EVERYONE ELSE ON EARTH IS TO BE SHORTLY DESTROYED BY THEIR GOD JEHOVAH.

This means that they are worshipping and approve of what they openly acknowledge to be the worst mass murderer in the history of the earth.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Can you imagine a religious organization that professes to be Christian but commits some of the most heinous hate crimes in the world?

The Watchtower instills hateful prejudicial crimes by using their shunning policy on to people who may have once members of their

religious organization and decided further along to leave to join another religious order.

This is directly in opposition (against the law ) provided in many countries regarding an individual rights and freedoms to pick

their own faith of choice. This is intensionally insighting hatred and prejudge against a persons own religious choice.

The hatred aspect is displayed by the remaining family members who are instructed by the WTS to not associate with that individual anymore,

irregardless of the close family relationship that previously existed.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Want to win a big multi-million dollar law suit against the WTS. $$$

Find a dozen or so people who were once JWS and left only to find that their family and friends wont associate or even talk to them.

This insightful hate crime is unjust and illegal in most countries, especially in the United States and Canada.

These people would become evidential proof as they tell their stories on the witness stand.

You would also need a group of dedicated compassionate lawyers who are well studied up on Constitutional law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit