by Mythbuster 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mythbuster
  • Mattieu
    Mattieu

Thx Mythbuster, good find. Cheers, Mattieu

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, well, well....

"Q. On that day you removed four directors?
    A. I never removed them, because they were not legally there.
    The Court: They were physically there?
    The Witness: They were not physically at that meting, because they refused to attend. ..."

And then...

"Q. You announced that they were removed and others had been appointed in their place?
    A. I announced the office was vacant and others appointed to fill the vacancy. ..."

Rutherford just brazenly announced that the office was vacant and plunked his cronies into their places...

I love the conclusion the Court came to...

"The Court: That is grinding pretty fine. They were there as defacto officers. I think it was well enough to refer to putting them out. ..."

Man, that transcript - and I'm still on page 1 of this thread - sure is an example of "Christian" love and unity...

What a nasty power struggle!!! Wonder what the International Bible Students would have been like if ol' Rutherford had been given the boot, instead...

• VM44
    VM44

No one who knew Judge Rutherford bothered to write a biography of him.

It is as if the people who knew him wanted to NOT to think, talk or write about him.

That includes his wife and son.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Q. On that day you removed four directors?
    A. I never removed them, becausethey were not legally there.

The Court: They were physically there?
    The Witness: They were not physically at that meting, because they refused to attend.

Q. Didn't you issue an order they were removed and other people appointed in their place?
    A. I filed a written opinion.

Q. Four other men had been acting as directors up to the time you appointed these other four men?
    A. Yes.

Q. You announced that they were removed and others had been appointed in their place?
    A. I announced the office was vacant and others appointed to fill the vacancy.

Q. They had been acting up to that time, these four directors?
    A. They had been acting.

Q. When were you elected a director?
    A January, 1917.

Q. When were you elected before that time?
    A. I had been elected by the members of the board, butnot legally elected.

Q. I'm not asking legally or illegally.
    A. I have been on the board since 1910 or 1911.

Correct me please if i am wrong...but

Rutherford ousted the 4 because THEY were not Legally elected then later admits that he HIMSELF was NOT legally elected either???

How then does he come to have the legal right to take over as he did?

oz

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

wow. just wow. good find. Usually actions speak louder than words, but some people are indoctrinated to blindness of actions. In this case, you have the words now that show the doublespeak. He admits that the consecrated are to oppose war and then makes himself to be an army commander. What outright hypocrisy.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I found the entire transcript fascinating reading.

The judge was far and above fair in dealing with the defendants. It was interesting to see the defendants and witnesses for the society try to answer but not answer the questions put to them. Seems that "I don't remember" was considered to be an adequate defense for the crew. This tactic resulted in one witness being held in contempt because the witness kept insisting in 1 and a half years of working within 10 feet of MacMillan that he had never seen him in the act of writing though they worked in the same office. The judge had had enough by the time this witness tried to pull the "I don't remember" card, the third witness to do such.

Defense attorney Sparks was a real piece of work and I don't know, had I been the judge, that I would have been as patient as the trial judge was.

The trial judge had this to say at the end of the trial:

The Court: At the conclusion of this trial, the Court desires to express its appreciation to counsel, except Mr. Sparks, for the dignified and lawyerlike manner in which they tried the case, to the clerk and his deputies and the marshall and his deputies, for their many courtesies during the trial.
  • Mary
    Mary

Thanks for the link Mythbuster. I've bookmarked it to read later on. I had no idea this was even available!

• Ding
    Ding

I'm surprised Big Joe didn't build Beth Sarim at Har-Mageddon.

Must have liked the San Diego climate better.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Like I mentioned before Rutherford was a power playing opportunist who surrounded himself with his most vigilant supporters

to sit himself as the presidential position of the WTS. Perhaps it were those temporary stays as a judge in the courts that gave a taste of power

that he so desired and long for, unfortunately he got it. He relished in the power and this uplift in his personal stature.

When he made an appearance and gave a talk at a convention, he was greeted like he was some high ranking dignitary of a prominent country, completely

surrounded by body guards, possibly arriving in one of his lavish Cadillacs. Yes brothers and sisters Brother Rutherford "the voice of God himself" has

left the building, let us contemplate what we just experienced here to day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit