Are Popovers and Yorkshire Pudding One and the Same?

by snowbird 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• snowbird
    snowbird

I ask because they're suspiciously similar.

I wonder if they can be found in southwest Alabama?

Syl

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I don't know what a popover is so I can't really say.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I remember having them in Maine years ago with jam. They were a specialty of someplace and were rather expensive. When they came out I thought they looked very much like Yorkshire puddings and the taste was pretty much the same!

• funnyface
    funnyface

OH NO!!!! NO NO!!!! Yorshire pudding is eaten with Roast Beef ,Spuds, Greens, Gravy YUMMY!!!!

Scones ! you eat them wiith jam butter & if your in Devon Clotted Cream also yummy
    But they are VERY DIFFERANT

OOPs I made a mistake you didnt say scones ,I gotta go back & see what you did say

Cor Blimey getting old "aint" fun

Oh Pop overs !!!!!! Cant say I know what they are, but if you do feel like popping over i will
    make you a Cuppa ( wink wink

• Mary
    Mary

Yep. Same thing. Grace is right though: They're yummilious with roast beef, potatoes and gravy.......

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

^ I just knew that was Grace before reading Mary's reply.

Good to see you Mouthy.

x

• funnyface
    funnyface

You too Mickey Mouse

I just heard a really great Limey comedian died Norman Wisdom

I Loved that bloke ....Any english people on here knew him?

Simon took me of as MOUTHY

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Isn't Yorkshire pudding made from Yorkshire terriers?

Dog Pudding

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

The ingredients and techniques for both foods are identical. Just open a cookbook and compare recipes.

Yorkshire pudding is a gigantic popover that is made in the pan you just roasted beef in; the fat used is the hot beef drippings.

Popovers are made in muffin tins. The fat is butter and they are often served with jam.

A Dutch baby is a gigantic popover made in a baking pan (I generally use a "lasagne pan" - 13 x 9 inches with sides about 2 in. high. It's a common size in the US).

gently feral

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

In Yorkshire they make large plate sized ones and then they put the Roast Beef, Vegetable and Gravy inside the pudding...very nice...I cant imagine having them with sweet things lol

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit