Bill O'Reilly vs. Bill Maher On Religion

by leavingwt 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I agree with the Bible when it says not to cast your pearls before swine. Modern translation: don't go on O'Reilly's show!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Maher comes across as arrogant to people of faith in the same way that "apostates" come off as arrogant to JWs.

for Jimmy.

Ask them the same question: What was the first cause? O'reilly dogmatically states something he can't prove while Maher says "I don't know and neither do you." Maher's assertion only sounds arrogant if you disagree. (A year ago, I thought he came off arrogant.)

Otherwise, it's intellectual humility to recognize and admit that you don't have answers so you won't speculate.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Bill Mahner is not a studied theologian or was ever strongly associated with a religious faith, thats where

his weakness shows. I think it was foolish of him going on O'reilly's show thinking that he would be given a fair chance

to defend himself and make a clear point, it would be like going on the Rush Limbaugh talk show.

What Mahner finds so ridicules and pointedly redundant is people today wholly accepting what some ancient people said,

thought and did thousands of years, when mankind now has progressed into so much knowledge of the world we live in.

Mahner's thoughts on religion came to attention and focus most likely when the recent Islamic terrorists killed themselves

and murdered many others based entirely on religious faith, a faith that too was constructed thousands of years ago.

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • beksbks
    beksbks

LOL!!!!!!! Maher kicks ass!!!!!!!!! Imagine what he could have done if he'd been allowed to talk.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

who has a fair chance with O'Reilly? He is a Moron!

• carvin
    carvin

A lot of folks seem to be really down on O'Reily for not being "fair". But honestly if you go on any talk show and don't 100% agree with the hosts position you will be slammed as hard as possable. This goes for all the talk/news shows, not just the ones with conservitive hosts. It's the nature of the beast, and why we rarely make any progress in the US, neither side wants to listen.

• Room 215
    Room 215

My fiends, we'll all know the truth, one second after our last breath

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

O'reilly doesn't create a balanced open discussion he intensionally and unfairly over rides the discussion with his own personal viewpoint,

its my show and I have the power and control how the discussion is going to go.

His tactics of cutting people off people right when they are trying to express a point, is his one sided style of discussing topics.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Two assholes in a shitting match.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit