by leavingwt 29 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Bill O'Reilly vs. Bill Maher On Religion - 09/30/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrEF_LPir_k

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks, LWT...

I had to go outside and watch this on my iphone since I can't access YouTube through the work network (damn Internet Nazis).

I agree with Bill Maher on religion in general, but I don't know why he thinks he can go on O'Reilly's show and discuss religion in a sane manner.

The problem with these things is that those who want to believe, are going to see O'Reilly as the 'winner' of the debate while non-believers are going to see Maher as showing O'Reilly up as deldued as he asserts believers are. But actually both of them were kind of weak.

The only defense I can give Maher is that he tried to let O'Reilly get his point across and not talk over him but O'Reilly kept cutting him off so much he had to resort to quips and one-liners.

My opinion of O'Reilly didn't change... he's a pompous windbag who likes the sound of his own voice. I'd rather see Maher go on more dignified shows and avoid the dumbasses...but then again Maher is just an opinionated comedian, not a real expert on anything.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Personally, I don't like either one of them.

• tec
    tec

I don't think Bill is that bad. He can be condescending and arrogant, but from what I've seen he does listen to what others have to say. I've never seen O'Reilly before, but I think this had as much to do with politics as religion (if not more).

Tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I think it's of some benefit to have an atheist present his blunt point of view on the most-watched cable news show.

• undercover
    undercover

I like Maher's blunt attitude myself...because...well, he's right. It is delusional to believe in a lot of things that Christians...and most other religions...believe in. I've even used his style when arguing with JWs about living through Armageddon into a paradise earth to never die. It really is quite delusional.

The problem with douchebags like O'Reilly is that they never allow anyone who disagrees with him to get their point across. O'Reilly is a lot like a pompous JW. Back him in a corner and he deflects the criticism or argument. And Maher fell for it somewhat. He tried to come back to the main point but O'Reilly knows Maher's hot buttons and kept pushing one after the other and no one point was clarified. O'Reilly came off looking like a champion to all his disciples. In O'Reilly's world it's whoever shouts the loudest and last is the winner... and his followers fall for that shit. Maher should have known better to get pulled into that. He's been through this with him before. He got a little pissed and it affected his comebacks.

• seawolf
    seawolf

LMAO.....a little meteorite crashed into the Earth and Bill Maher emerged from some swamp someplace. LOLOLOL I don't like Bill but that was damn funny.

• undercover
    undercover

I didn't get to see Real Time Friday... did Bill Maher make any references to that interview on his show? The interview was Thursday, Real Time - Friday.

• xchange
    xchange

I don't watch either of these guys but always enjoy watching snippets from time to time of their, ahem, debates.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

"Religulous" has become one of my all time favorite movies. As far as "The O'Reilly Factor" goes, there are not enough bricks to throw through the television.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit