Skeleton's Come Tumbling out of Bethel's Closet - Ray Franz- Book ISOCF

by flipper 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

When I was there in 1965-1969, there were no locks on the Bethelites' room, and one young man, the son of a circuit overseer, home-schooled by his mother, was outed as a thief and denounced at the Bethel breakfast table.

• sir82
    sir82
    As we all know, about the year 2000 and 2001, the Governing Body (or Service Committee) re-visited this topic and made radical changes.

Seems that a lot of things changed around that time period:

-- Governing Body separated from being exclusively comprised of members of the Board of the WTB&TS

-- set up of several new corporations, most or all headed by "other sheep"

-- Hardline stance toward disfellowshipping & college reintroduced or vigorously reinforced

-- introduction of paperback books, after more than a century of more or less quality bookbinding

-- Crystalization of blood policy, desctibing "major" vs. "minor" blood fractions

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Ray takes ALL major WT doctrines and gives them a good, old-fashioned beat down.

Good for him!

The GB of the WT is long overdue for, as we would say it, a good ol' South Alabama ass-whuppin'!

Syl

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks, LWT...

I wonder, does scans of the older "Branch" vs the newer "Branch" exist? Was this a publication given to Bethelites or only available in the library?

I was aware of the "purge" of older Bethelites a few years ago. It was obvious that they were eliminating the older work force...the ones with more medical claims.

Any other company would call it a "layoff"...and been in deep shit for age discrimination... but the WTS spun it as an "oppurtunity to share in the field more".

I didn't know about the 15 year "rule". That's even more damning. To think once you serve your best years of your life, that they would be there to support you and then they kick you out. Bastards.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I wonder, does scans of the older "Branch" vs the newer "Branch" exist? Was this a publication given to Bethelites or only available in the library?

It was not given to Bethelites. It was, however, available to read IN the library. It details how Branch Offices are to function.

• caliber
    caliber

One former Elder in my city insists that all are cared for life basically , after serving in Bethel.. I would love to have something concrete to show him !

He always uses the example of a widow of" Redford "a very predominate servant in his day.. who to this day is well taken care of !

(This widow was born and raise here in my home city !)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    One former Elder in my city insists that all are cared for life basically , after serving in Bethel.

It is true that the Society does give some individuals money/assets. However, this is a far cry from a 'pension', nor is it the type of care they were led to believe would be given them if they did 15 years of special full-time service. Many of these people loved Bethe and Bethel was their home. They had no intention of ever leaving.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Can you say, "Blinded by the Light", sure I knew you could.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    I've read Coc but didn't feel the need for ISoCF. So, is it really worth reading?

Iv'e read both of Ray's books and I never got the answer to one of the questions I was most interested in having answered: Did Ray Franz hold on to the teaching that people would live in a paradise earth or did he adopt the more orthodox view that all Christians go to heaven?

Does anyone know the anwer to this?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    the more orthodox view that all Christians go to heaven

IMHO, the question and answer is more involved than the WT view of Heaven OR Earth.

Some mainstream churches teach that upon death, the person will go to Heaven for a time, but that at some point, they will get a fleshly body and live in Paradise-like conditions. The WT will never tell you that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit