WT December 15, 2010

by Designer Stubble 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Do I encourage my children not to view the song[ between the Theocratic Ministry School and the Service Meeting or the one between the public talk and the Watchtower Study as a sort of intermission, an opportunity for them to leave their seats unnecessarily, perhaps just to stretch their legs?’

Then freaking provide an intermission so people, let alone little kids, can use the restroom and stretch their legs. People are doing it during the song because otherwise they'd be doing it during the service meeting.

Another great example of how the Society thinks that kids are simply little adults.

• peacedog
    peacedog

undercover:

"In the years since that book was first published, the light has been getting brighter on a number of topics, and some of the expressions used in that songbook have become outdated. For example, we no longer speak of "the new order" but of "the new world". And we now state that Jehovah's name will be "sanctified, not "vindicated." Clearly, from a doctrinal standpoint, there has been a need to bring our songbook up-to-date."

Wow, indeed!

This is messed up on so many levels...

For one thing, to suggest that a new songbook was necessary because of minor wording differences such as "new order" vs "new world" and "vindicated" vs "sanctified" is ludicrous..

Secondly, we're honestly to believe that it was "new light" from God that revealed the necessity of such trivial changes?? CLEARLY, "Jehovah" has far too much time on his hands...

• blondie
    blondie

So they expect jws to be able to hold it for 2 hours? or longer at assemblies and conventions. Were the Jews denied potty breaks when they had to stand and hear the Law read all day? What about the early Christians, there is no mention of frequent potty breaks in the NT.

What is unnecessary?

*** km 1/01 p. 1 par. 3 Be a Good Listener ***Unnecessary trips to the restroom also interfere with their listening.

--------------

I remember a little girl sitting in front of me whose parents ignored her requests. She ended up quietly peeing on the chair. Her mother grabbed her and ran to the restroom as her father and the attendant switched in a new chair. I could hear mother spanking her daughter........I was about 13 or I would have said something.

------------

*** km 5/00 p. 5 par. 4 Be Attentive to Sacred Pronouncements ***Parents, arrange for your entire family to sit together—teenagers included. Some parents wait until the opening song to take their young ones to the rest room. However, this would hardly teach children the great importance of songs and prayers in our worship. How much better it is to care for restroom needs before the start of each session if at all possible!

------------------but when is it permissible to take children to the restroom?

*** km 5/83 p. 4 1983 "Kingdom Unity" District Convention ***Of course, there will be times when parents have to leave their seats to take a child to the restroom or even to administer discipline

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Them stating that the songs were changed for "other reasons" was something I was thinking about just this morning before work. I wonder if they took out the songs that were written by people that are now df'd or da'd? That would be just like them.

One thing that is interesting is when they said that we would be judged based on our attitude towards Christs brothers. In a way this is scriptural. They are referring to Matt 25:40 where it says: "The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." So that begs the question, WHO does the Bible say that Christs brothers are? Are the 144,000 described as "Christs brothers"? Never. In fact in Matthew 12:50 is VERY clear on who Christs brothers are. It says, "For WHOEVER does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

The Bible even goes further. The ones that think they deserve to get into the Kingdom are the very ones that Jesus will say he did not know. Matthew 7:22,23 says, "MANY will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not PROPHECY in your name, and in your name drive out demons, and perform many miracles?" "Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you."

Here is the nail in the coffin however. Do those that make it into the kingdom think they are deserving? Notice how SURPRISED they are at their salvation in Matt 25:37: "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?" The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

Notice the emphasis placed on feeding the hungry, giving to the poor, and helping those in prisons. The WT simply does not do that. In fact they condemn "Christendom" for focusing on the poor and sick by building hospitals and shelters. THEY are the ones that will be shocked to not enter the kingdom...At least according to the Bible.

Sorry for the rant.

• sabastious
    sabastious

And the grip is slightly tightened again...

-Sab

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Question about the new song book...is there anywhere I can go to hear

how bad they really are? I'm just dying to hear a few!!! Worst part of the meeting

for me. EVERYONE sang the soprano line out of tune.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Here's a link to all the music.

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQZRQVNZHFVP

There are the piano versions and the vocal versions available. They are not as bad as everyone says. Not my cup of tea, but they are "bad".

• badcompany
    badcompany

I had not been in a KH for many years but went this summer to attend my Grandmother's memorial. I couldn't believe how lame the song was. People stammered through it. They couldn't sing it let alone memorize it. If memory serves, the last songbook I remember was pink and only had 119 songs.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Mad Sweeny, I got the biggest lump in my throat when you posted this:

"Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah’s day seems to be delayed, we should be glad that there is still time for us to be zealous for true worship." WT, Dec. 15th, 2010.

This is an amazing admission. Whether they realized it or not at the time of publication, this sentence comes right out and says that "Jehovah's day seems to be delayed."

"But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, "My master is delaying," and should start to beat his fellow slaves . . . the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where his weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be." ~ Matthew 24:48-51"

Your pointing this out nearly gave me a heart attack, as it describes the current attitude of the Governing Body to a "T", doesn't it? They are doing exactly this, and have now actually admitted to it!! Unbelievable!! They really showed their hand with that phrase, "Jehovah's day seems to be delayed." What an incredible admission, and as you point out Matt 24:48-51 applies.

I never really thought of the Governing Body as all evil, maybe misguided, but certainly not the "Evil Slave." This one scripture though has me re-examining that notion though, as it fits them so perfectly. Truly, they have taken the place upon the throne of Christ Jesus, blindly lead their flock towards destruction, and are wolves in sheeps clothing. False prophecy, beating the flock, saying that the Master's return is delayed, etc, etc, all point to THEM being the Evil Slave Class!!!!!! What an incredible revelation.

Thanks for the coorelation.

- Wing Commnader

• St George of England
    St George of England

The new songs with vocal renditions (Disc 2) were playing before the meeting last night. As everyone walked in they were looking dumbfounded as to what this awful music was. Lots of very critical comments followed by embarrassment when they found out what they were!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit