WT December 15, 2010

by Designer Stubble 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah's day seems to be delayed, we should be glad that there is still time for us to be zealous for true worship."

Hahaha,

Yea, go back to school and get an education !!!!! the thing they said that there would be no time for, remember 1975 ?

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i occasionally attend church and can see love there.people are glad to see you there.the khs are becoming a torture chamber.

• booby
    booby

just had to add my two bits worth from a thread I had started on this rag, er mag

Something else I just noticed. They mention gifts in men (and as darth frosty points out that is not accurate translation) they mention of course the Governing Body and they mention God's anointed ones. Notice what's missing. Yup, no "faithful and discreet slave". And notice something else. Capital G and B for the beloved Governing Body. And since I'm at it notice what determines how we will be judged. So first off they go to great lengths to make the reader think "spiritual brothers, anointed ones = Governing Body " and then tie ones judgement to our attitude to them. WOW, just WOW.

19 Among those "gifts in men" are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation. (Acts 15:2, 6) In fact, our attitude toward Christ's spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great tribulation. (Matt. 25:34-40) Thus, one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God's anointed ones.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

The JW children are treated the worst among them. Most GB never had children. They can't possibly relate at all.

Children have their natural needs. The GB don't have a clue. Most sensitive parents know full well when their little one at certain ages has to go, they got to go. Children need simple upbeat songs/melodies that they naturally love to learn. The GB does not provide for the little ones this way. They have the children sit through hours of programs unnatural for children with unnatural topics for them. They make the parents take the children to do an unnatural work of door to door, dressed at business people. The religion denies the youth to do youthful organized extracurricular activities, which suppresses youthful energies and creativity.

No wonder 66% of the children leave. The organization deserves the loss. It seems to me many JW second generation (if still there) that are now parents are more softened toward their children. Third generation JWs find a bigger percentage not there any longer. The GB has created many JW youth into a "double-life."

They have hurt the children in many ways. Unforgivable!

• booby
    booby

Gayle - So true and when you mention "No wonder 66% of the children leave" unfortunately for many it is not before they are messed up in many ways.

• Ding
    Ding

Funny, I thought Jesus was going to send the Holy Spirit to guide us into truth after he left (John 16:1-14), not a bunch of guys in Brooklyn.

I guess the Christians who lived between Acts 1:11 and the first issue of "Zion's Watchtower" were left to fend for themselves...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Wow, they are fulfilling prophecy alright, fulfilling the role of EVIL SLAVE!!!!!!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Who is Lduh, that posted on this thread? I clicked on his comment and immediately got warning of needing administrator permission etc. seems very dodgy to me, even if I am a Ludite.

George

• booby
    booby

In the illustration on page 15 there is a gentleman shown, who is poorly dressed with a dour look on his face. Why would they use that picture and do you think he would be allowed to tour bethel in view of their tract on appropriate dress??

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM
    Or an alternative way of looking at it is from the GB's view. Thus: ''And before leaving the earthly scene, Jesus indicated that he would appoint US to provide spiritual food for his people.''''In fact, YOUR attitude toward US is a major factor that will determine how YOU will be judged during the coming great tribulation. Thus, one aspect of the way YOU gain a blessing is by giving YOUR loyal support to US.''

Wow! When the text is changed to the first person their arrogance and self aggrandizement is painfully sickening

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit