WT December 15, 2010

by Designer Stubble 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

WT December 15, 2010

Snippets from this Watchtower are below. Keeping in mind that all articles are written with an agenda, to address problems in the organization or to pave the way for new guidelines, look at what I highlighted. My conclusions are:

1. Most witnesses have lost their zeal for preaching, hours and numbers are tanking
    2. Witnesses are not submitting themselves to the elders or Governing Body rulings. This could be viewed as “brazen conduct”
    3. People do not like the new songbook and many are using the song in between meetings to take a quick break – not allowed, again “Brazen conduct”!

Page 10/11, paragraph 14-17
    And before leaving the earthly scene, Jesus indicated that he would appoint “the faithful and discreet slave” to provide spiritual food for his people. Though quick to claim stewardship of God’s Word, have the clergy of Christendom proved to be faithful to the Master’s trust? No. They have been inclined to label what the Bible says as fable or myth (which it ofcourse is).

Because of all that has been done—supposedly in the name of the God of the Bible—many sincere people have become disillusioned or have completely lost their faith in God and in the Bible.

As Jehovah’s people, we have been blessed with the knowledge of the truth about God’s purpose for mankind and the earth. Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah’s day seems to be delayed, we should be glad that there is still time for us to be zealous for true worship.

Page 19, Paragraph 14
    [quote]Ask yourself: ‘Do I reflect Jesus’ attitude toward people in my ministry? Do I give Jehovah my best even if my health or personal circumstances might limit what I can do?’[/quote]

Page 20, paragraph 18-19
    And listening to God means willingly submitting oneself to the arrangement he has set in place, the Christian congregation with appointed elders, “gifts in men.” Among those “gifts in men” are the members of the Governing Body, who act in a representative way for the entire Christian congregation. In fact, our attitude toward Christ’s spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great tribulation. Thus, one aspect of the way we gain a blessing is by giving our loyal support to God’s anointed ones.

Page 22, paragraph 12
    Since music has an honorable place in our worship, we do well to ask ourselves: ‘Do I show proper appreciation for it? Do I do my best to arrive at meetings, assemblies, and conventions in time to join my brothers and sisters in the opening song, and then do I sing out with feeling? Do I encourage my children not to view the song[ between the Theocratic Ministry School and the Service Meeting or the one between the public talk and the Watchtower Study as a sort of intermission, an opportunity for them to leave their seats unnecessarily, perhaps just to stretch their legs?’

Page 23, paragraph 16
    For that and other reasons, the Governing Body approved the publication of a new songbook entitled Sing to Jehovah. The number of songs in our new book has been reduced to 135. Because there are fewer songs to learn, it should be possible for us to memorize the lyrics

• alanv
    alanv

Hi DS. I guess you downloaded the latest Watchtower from JW.org.

I had a look at it myself yesterday and actually made mentel note of the things that you have found.

I totally agree with you. The reason they say anything to the sheep is because the sheep are not doing what they should.

Once again they push the point that you must have the right attitude toward the gov body, i e you need to support them wholeheartedly or you will be bird prey at the big A.

I think now that the mags are available to all, that is going to show even more the societies attitude of only they are right, and everybody else is wrong.

I'm sure we will see many more articles commented on in the future.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Or an alternative way of looking at it is from the GB's view. Thus

''And before leaving the earthly scene, Jesus indicated that he would appoint US to provide spiritual food for his people.''

''In fact, your attitude toward us is a major factor that will determine how you will be judged during the coming great tribulation. Thus, one aspect of the way you gain a blessing is by giving your loyal support to us.''

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I feel bad for the poor children who are going to be harrassed now for going to the bathroom and marked as spiritually lacking by older ones in the congregation. I know this for sure because a similar point was made in the WT when I was in and my children got lots of negative looks and comments for going to the restroom. I even had a few "sisters" tell me I was an inappropriate parent for not training my kids better.

This WT is mind control at its best. Thanks for posting. Lilly

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

Wow!! Been out for a few years and reading back over this trash reminds me of meetings with all the lemmings all nodding in unison! What a buncha whackos!

• sir82
    sir82

our attitude toward Christ’s spiritual brothers is a major factor that will determine how we will be judged during the coming great

tribulation

Now that's odd...I don't recall the scripture that says we will judged on our "attitude". I must have an out of date copy of the NWT.

Hmmm...seems they also neglected to put the scriptural reference to "judgment based on attitude" in the article. I wonder why?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah’s day seems to be delayed, we should be glad that there is still time for us to be zealous for true worship.

This is an amazing admission. Whether they realized it or not at the time of publication, this sentence comes right out and says that "Jehovah's day seems to be delayed."

"But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, "My master is delaying," and should start to beat his fellow slaves . . . the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where his weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be." ~ Matthew 24:48-51

• sir82
    sir82

Rather than feel frustrated or discouraged because Jehovah’s day seems to be delayed, we should be glad that there is still time for us to be

zealous

for true worship.

This doesn't make any sense at all. If "Jehovah's day" were not "seemingly delayed", does that mean we wouldn't have time to be "zealous for true worship"?

If "Jehovah's Day" had already come, wouldn't that mean we'd have even more time to be "zealous for true worship"?

Does anybody on the writing committee even think about what gibberish they write any more? Or do they just knock back a fifth of vodka and churn out the first thought that comes to mind?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Something that bugs me is how they've lost their way in regards to spiritual food. Being fair, some of the articles they publish I like and can agree with in respects to moral related matters. To me, that is spiritual food at the proper time. What bothers me is that they spend a significant portion of space in their articles reminding you of their authority. Its as if they lack confidence in themselves, or have serious self esteem issues. They remind me of my dad. Anymore I hate calling my dad, or him calling me. The reason being is that all he wants to talk about is how messed up the world is. He got mad at me a month or so ago because of what I stated was his reason for always speaking negatively. I told him, "you're trying to convince yourself the world is messed up, and the end has to be near. Thats fine so long as you don't try to convince me cuz I'm sick of hearing all that negativity." He was furious because I pulled his card, and he knew I had him. Its the same way with WT literature in regards to this Faithful and Discreet Slave teaching. They're trying to convince themselves it exlusively applies to them, and trying to convince their readers too. Me personally, I feel that your activity should speak for itself. Barry Sanders didn't have to argue that he's one of the greatest running backs of all time. His stats made the argument for his being in the Hall of Fame. The same should be with the WTS or any other Christian group that touts itself as a slave or steward. I get sick of hearing them pat themselves on the back every article.

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Of course people want a break in the song. Yes there were more in the old book but they been out so long that everybody knew them. The new ones are crap!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit