Circuit and Special Day Assembly Programs 2010-2011

by blondie 29 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I love the Sunday Symposium....thats the type I probably would have been giving a talk on.....

My only question is: "Why......you don't?"

How do JW's continue to believe they are emulating Jah with their conduct?

Strange....meet stranger.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, at least they mention "Christ" once...

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Christ who?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The Saturday syposium is what I'm really, really interested in. As JWs, particulary born-ins, your life is always quarantined in one aspect or another. So to see a symposium on The Wild Beast( Satan's political system), The Great Harlot(False Religion, any religion not JW/WT), and The Traveling Merchants(business and commerce), perks my attention. This symposium will give you an idea of what kind of things JWs are doing or getting involved in thats irking the GB(TheWT Popes,Cardinals, Bishops,etc.) in Bethel. I've got a couple ideas of things they'll mention. Obviously education, careers, and secular work overshadowing the meetings and field service will be mentioned.

But why would JWs entrenched in WT Land need reminders on staying seperate from The Great Harlot, and The Wild Beast? I remember when Obama hype was at its fullest prior to him getting elected and after getting elected, I heard rumors of JWs wearing Obama tee shirts, particulary amongst black JWs. A visiting speaker whom I know personally stated from the platform that this was happening, and he told me as much in person. On the opposite end of political thought, I've known a couple black JWs who left the religion and got involved with politics on a local level. The politics they were involved in dealt mainly with social concerns, and these former JWs were rubbing elbows and shoulders with Nation of Islam types, and various community activists. A couple of young associated JWs who I grew up with that didn't get baptized are now members of the NOI. I don't know if something like this or similar is what this symposium is going to adress, but we'll find out soon enough. They've got my curiosity aroused.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Well, MLE, have at it, buddy. I'm glad to be df'd, as I'd rather take an ass whipping than attend one of those nightmares! Make sure to take some nausea pills, LOL. And don't forget to report back what the gb's major malfunction is this time.

• man in black
    man in black

"Have you learned the secret"?

Of what..., loosing weight, making money,finding the right partner ?

Sounds to me like one of those late night info commercials.

They put me right to sleep if I watch them, as I'm sure this program will do to many of the people attending it.

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

Only way I go to a Assembly is if they let me smoke a big fat blunt right in the middle of the audience so I can laugh and giggle at all the nonsense BS they are spewing from the podium. After I got DF I would go to the meeting after a nice tequila shot and a BONG hit and would be giggling and smirking trying to control myself, it was quite fun. THat was the only way I could ever stand that BS. Who is with my for a good BONG hit during intermission?? HAHA

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Well, MLE, have at it, buddy. I'm glad to be df'd, as I'd rather take an ass whipping than attend one of those nightmares! Make sure to take some nausea pills, LOL. And don't forget to report back what the gb's major malfunction is this time.

I'll definately report what I hear. When that Elder school happens, I'll report that too. I'm so mad about that being on my days off, I feel they forced my hand.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Full time field circus protects us from what, enjoying our lives?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Nothing new there. May as well go ahead and script this for the sheeples, too, "That was the best circuit assembly ever!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit