BREAKING NEWS on www.jw-media.org

by Wrong Way 126 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

... Thank You .... Brother Tito for drawing our attention!

I don't like the WTS but if Russia is successful this will prove to have more far reaching consequences beyond the scope of the JW/ExJW communtity.......

...AND IN THE END IT IS THE RANK AND FILE WHO WILL PAY DEARLY..... (prayers for my Bro/Sis caught as pawns)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thank you donut hole. I wasn't being too clear in my stance. That's exactly where I stand. However, I don't think that the WTS will change their policies for anyone. So what do you do? Do you give up and let them keep going? Or do you uphold a ban on their destructive policies?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    And that is exactly the premise of the Russian government. The issue isn't one's right to freely practice their religion. The Russian constitution guarantees that but it is with the caveat that in your practice of religion cannot interfere with the rights others to free practice their own religion.

Ah, I see, so the real issue is that the JW are NOT following a simple rule that allows ALL religions to co-exist in Russia? correct?

And it is a rule that has NOTHING to do with their religious freedom at all, but would simply keep them from misleading people in regards to other religions?

Yes?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BD..

Thanks..Actually he`s one of my older ones..

It`s hard to get people to laugh when someone is shooting at them..LOL!!..

None of this is about religion..

It`s about the WBT$ forcing the Russian Government to bend to their will...

Religion is a Smoke screen..Jehovah`s Witness`s are WBT$ pawns..

The WBT$ will spend them,like a Drunk Sailor in a Bar..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Psac, it is that and the fact that they outwardly say that all governments, including the Russian governement, are directed by Satan and will be destroyed. They are viewing JW teaching as terrorism. They see it as the WT trying to scare people into believing them.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I suggest that rather than outright banning the JWs, the Russian gvt. should make "Crisis...", "Captives...", etc. and WT Corp's own "Studies in the Scriptures" required reading for everyone in the country. Education would be far more effective than legislation.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

LOVE that idea, Billy!

• yknot
    yknot
    And that is exactly the premise of the Russian government. The issue isn't one's right to freely practice their religion. The Russian constitution guarantees that but it is with the caveat that in your practice of religion cannot interfere with the rights others to free practice their own religion.

Unless of course it is the Russian Orthodox Church.......

• donuthole
    donuthole
    Ah, I see, so the real issue is that the JW are NOT following a simple rule that allows ALL religions to co-exist in Russia? correct?
    And it is a rule that has NOTHING to do with their religious freedom at all, but would simply keep them from misleading people in regards to other religions?
    Yes?

My understanding is that it has to do with certain claims in the literature that the Watchtower makes as being the "one true religion" and atagonistic statements they make toward other faiths.

I think the Russian constitution protects ones ability to practice their own religion but you cannot use that as a launching pad against other faiths in the manner that the Watchtower sometimes does. Basically, you can practice your own religion but you can't go around telling others their religion is wrong.

Beyond that, I believe there are concerns that certain things in the literature promote friction between families and such when there is a difference in religious practice. (For instance shunning family members that leave the Truthâ„¢ or limiting association with non-Witness relatives.) I think that recent Awake! that hyprocritically affirmed a person's right to choose their own religion even if it isn't held by their family was in direct response to the Russia situation.

The easy answer is quit producing/distributing literature in Russia but that is like telling Coca-Cola they can't sell carbonated sugar water.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is a gift for the WTB&TS. They have always thrived on 'persecution'. With the way things are going $$$ for them I can imagine that shutting down the Moscow ops will suit them fine. The can use it to hype up the rank and file like they used Malawi back in the 70's. Hypocrits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit