HELP REQUEST - Judicial Committee Hearing tonight!

by SweetBabyCheezits 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

2Tim. 2, 23-26... Gives good council for Elders as well as to all. Notice this is not only for unbelievers but for those who are believers, but who now may be having problems believing a teaching (or?)...these two phrases are used;---"not favorably disposed" and "back to their proper senses"... read the verses below.

23 Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights. 24 But a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all, qualified to teach, keeping himself restrained under evil,25 instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed; as perhaps God may give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth, 26 and they may come back to their proper senses out from the snare of the Devil, seeing that they have been caught alive by him for the will of that one.

So can you have thoughts or beliefs that are not aligned with "present day teachings" and still be in good standing? The scriptures indicate you can...until there is enough scriptural proof otherwise. This proof becomes clear with time not with threat of being DF if not believed when stated. Read below:

• It may be difficult at times to understand such updated explanations, but the reasons for them become clear in due course. If a Christian does not fully understand a new explanation of a scripture, he does well humbly to echo the words of the prophet Micah: “I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation.—Micah 7:7.-w00 1/1 p10

Proverbs 28:5. If we ‘seek Jehovah’ through prayer and a study of his Word, we “can understand everything” needed to serve him acceptably.

*SaysWho*

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Hahaha... CJ, I've got a 2.5 hr MP4 on my iphone from the meeting. Unfortunately, there's an issue with long iPhone VoiceMemo's - they tend to corrupt. (Or was it holy spirit? Haha. No, silly believer, it was Steve Jobs.)

But even THAT wasn't my epic fail. More to come....

• its_me!
    its_me!

I think that there are very few things in life that are more stressful than a JC meeting. I wish so much that I would have recorded on of the many that I had to endure. The bashing and breating and double talk was unbelieveable, I couldnt even keep my cool, by the end of one of the last ones I remember crying and saying "Disfellowship me, do whatever you have to do, but I cannot go through another one of these meetings again." I wish that I hadn't taken them as seriously as I did. Those meetings destroyed what was left of anything resembling self-esteem that I had. Don't let that happen to you and your lovely wife. I hope you do get a recording.

• Ding
    Ding

Cattails,

Are you a lawyer or something? You sure know how to work the system.

However, if the elders are determined to DF someone, they'll find a way to do it...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I'm still writing up my experience in another tab but I did want to emphasize one thing: I was treated with respect and dignity by all of the elders. I've known four of them since childhood. Sure, there were a couple of ridiculous comments used to make me sound like a blind, Satan-directed apostate but I understand their intent.

The four I've known all my life, they're good men, and I sincerely feel pity for them. This was no lynch mob. The fact that they are sincere and truly care about us makes it that much more painful. Had they been arrogant, it would be easy.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I've said it before and I'll say it again: going to a JC thinking you can influence anything is a waste of time. A TOTAL waste of time.

They have ALL the power. They won't let you say or do anything.....and it they don't like something you say or do, they can just cut it short and DF you.....

I served for 17 years..... I'm telling you for lots of experience that most of them show up ill prepared, have not compassion and are more concerned about what bar they are going to have a beer at after the meeting.

Seriously.....I wouldn't even bother going.

• tec
    tec

The four I've known all my life, they're good men, and I sincerely feel pity for them. This was no lynch mob. The fact that they are sincere and truly care about us makes it that much more painful. Had they been arrogant, it would be easy.

I understand this completely. I had just announced to my bible study conductor that I wanted to be baptized (after two years). Less than two weeks later, I had to tell her that I needed time alone (no more studying) to think about things for myself.

It was so hard because she was so sincere. She truly cared about me, and I hurt her... so much more so because I had just given her such hope and happiness when I announced FINALLY that I wanted to be a JW.

Tammy

• its_me!
    its_me!

SBCheezits--- I am glad for the respect that you were showed.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

How can you come out of a Judicial and not be told the verdict?

Are they not supposed to tell you at the end what they have decided?

Matt

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: going to a JC thinking you can influence anything is a waste of time. A TOTAL waste of time.

daringhart13, first of all, had you read the first page of the thread, you'd understand that I didn't go into this with the expectations of winning a not-guilty verdict. There was a different reason for attending but I expected to be disfellowshiped. (Yet, curiously, wasn't... for the time being.)

They won't let you say or do anything.....and it they don't like something you say or do, they can just cut it short and DF you.....

Second, they actually allowed me to bring in one witness for his testimony, though I didn't really expect that either. (I'm learning every day to try to temper otherwise dogmatic comments with "most likely" or "probably". Speaking in absolutes has bitten me in the ass too much in the past. And when you speak in absolutes based on limited experience and, by some crazy chance end up being wrong, it tends to chip away at your trustworthiness.)

Third, based on your comments, you seem as guilty of prejudice as the next bigot burning a Koran. I don't care if it's for or against JWs, Muslims, Jews.... I'm not a fan of comments that generalize or stereotype without exception. Just because you and some of your fellow elders were assholes doesn't mean they all are. Your demanding ignorance gives apostates a bad name.

(FTR, I feel the same way when some folks on here call JWs "witlesses". There are scores of intelligent JWs that are "still in" but whose reasoning has been compromised by their faith. Some of these will eventually leave, others won't. Plus, the term "witlesses" wasn't funny the first time, much less the nine hundredth... but that's just my opinion.)

These are not PRO-JW comments. I just got off the phone arguing with my own JW mother who makes hasty generalizations of all other religions, which I see as prejudice. I'd like to think that JWs who leave the org are a little better-equipped to reason with their newfound freedom of thought. If a thinking JW gets on here to see what exJWs have to say and finds exaggerations/misinformation rampant, it will be counter-effective.

Just a thought. I'll stop ranting now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit