HELP REQUEST - Judicial Committee Hearing tonight!

by SweetBabyCheezits 102 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I hate to ask you good folks to jump around but the first post in the thread below explains why I'm going into the JC meeting, hence the basis for my questions below...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/198636/1/Reply-to-Judicial-Committee-question-thenoblelodge

I have no idea how to present my witnesses. They've already agreed to show up. Do I just call them forward at the very beginning, come in and testify that I refused to discuss my doubts with them? Will I be able to ask them questions or are the elders only allowed to do that?

What if the elders try to refuse to let them testify? I wouldn't be surprised if that happened since one of the elders told me that I was guilty of "standing away from Jehovah" because of simply HOLDING different views than the Society teaches. So it sounds like they're hanging me without my emails to my parents.

All I really want is for those few old friends to be aware that I'm being disfellowshipped for emailing my parents about my beliefs that aren't in harmony with the WTBTS. The sooner they are able to see that this is a control-driven cult, the better for them.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Also, has anyone ever taken a laptop to a JC? I'd like to take mine for two reasons: First, i'll have access to the WT Lib on CD and if questions regarding my lack of faith arise, I can point out contradictions in print. Second, I'm much faster at typing than writing and I want to create a near-manuscript of the whole thing.

It is infuriating that they won't allow recording devices. That said, I plan on sneaking one in anyway.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Please record your JC!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What if the elders try to refuse to let them testify?

This is not your show to run. They will refuse to let them testify.

• sir82
    sir82

Elders run the show from beginning to end.

You won't "call witnesses", nor control anything about the whole procedure. You won't be asking any questions.

You will be asked, politely at first, then strictly ordered, to not take a laptop in. Nor will you be allowed to take notes. Failure to comply will be viewed as a sign of lack of repentence and you will be DF'ed, if not on the spot, that very same night.

You put your "apostate" views in writing? Not good, if your goal is to avoid being DF'ed.

If "your witnesses" are not needed by the elders, they won't even be called in.

A judicial committee is very much a "strutting macho display" for typical elders - it's a chance to demonstrate their control and power. If you are less than than sniveling, groveling, and compliant, they will go rough on you.

You might have a zillion "good points" to make regarding JW beliefs, but the elders won't care, nor will they listen. Once they establish that you hold contrary beliefs and are not giving them up, they'll dismiss you from the room, confer among themselves, and call you back in to announce you are DF'ed. If you are as set in your beliefs as you sound, it won't take them more than 10 minutes to arrive at the conclusion to DF you.

Sorry to burst any bubbles you might have had, but that's what you can expect.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They won't proceed if you bring the laptop. I would plan to write notes on plain blank paper and make them stop everytime I fall behind. Basically, I would try to make the procedure come to a crawl. Even that, most JC's would tell me to stop and I would simply keep writing and ask them to repeat themselves.

They won't let your "friends" in at all unless it serves their purpose- You deny the charges and your friends are party to the charges. They would allow testimony if the charges are that you spread apostasy to these particular friends.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Gotta love this whole, "Guilty until proven innocent" routine that JC's take.

Hell, even the Bible there had to be two witnesses to a crime, so that presumes one innocent until PROVEN guilty. In other words, JC's today are completely backwards from the way it should be. Also, alleged wrongdoers were brought before the ENTIRE congregation out in the open with the Elders near the city gates, not all hush-hush back in some cave.

Pretty twisted how all of this has become, aye??

I'd say you are f*cked, but that's just me. Might as well get your middle finger all warmed up, ok?

- Wing Commander

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

It sounds as if it will be a throwback to the Spanish Inquisition. You are getting burned for what you believe

If I were in your shoes, I would ask the brothers:

"So you are going to disfellowship me, in essence take my family relationships away as well as my only friends away because I have doubts? There are many examples of faithful men in the scriptures who had sincere doubts at times. Jude mentions that the elders should snatch doubters out of the fire."

There is a good article that the elders often use in JC meetings that is entitled something to the effect of "determining weakness or wickedness". Look it up and see if you can help them to see that there is a lack of wickedness. I would make the case that you are struggling with doubts and were turning to your father for spiritual help. best of luck.

SIAM

• Inkie
    Inkie

SBC:

The first thing you should ask them is: "Am I being accused of something"? If they answer, "No." Then the meeting is moot. You can walk away. If they answer, "Yes." Then you say to them: "Who is/are my accuser(s)?" They will hemm and haww. You tell them that you have a right to know who your accusers are (and what the accusations are) and that this meeting will NOT continue unless you hear the accusations made against you from the Accusers' own mouths. YOU have THAT RIGHT! Bring them in. If they say there are no accusers, that this is only a fact-finding inquiry, you can then say to them, "Oh, this is an 'inquisition,' I understand, like the Catholic Church used to do." They won't like that either. You can then let them "inquire" all they want or not. That's up to you and whatever you choose to divulge.

You can also say, I want so-and-so to be here in on the meeting because after the meeting I want to tell them what transpired here and my memory is not all the great so, if they are present, I don't have to rely on my memory so much. This usually works with family: spouses allowed in, fleshly brothers and sisters, etc. That kind of thing.

But, in ALL OF THIS, YOU have to be firm, and knowyourPOWER/STRENGTH. Wishing you the best, SBC.

--Inkie

• cantleave
    cantleave

A JC is kangaroo court. You won't be able to influence the procedure or outcome.

If you are accused of apostacy the only way you will be shown "mercy" is if you state that you believe that FDS and the Organisation are gods channel of communication. If you state that, then all your other arguments are null and void.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit