High School Homecoming and MUMS?

by yknot 19 Replies latest social physical

• yknot
    yknot

Truthseekeriam......those are gorgeous!

Misery: Ya they can get tacky but really the are freakin' fun........ last year some of the sisters threw a girls only tea party and everyone was given a small (ie 4 in flower with teacup center piece and 15 inches of ribbon).

We also do 'mums' for bridal and baby showers (bride and expectant mom only)

I am torn right now..... daughter has been asked by several boys but her dad is still very much a 'hold out' for approval so part of me thinks I will do a picture button center on her mum of her and her girlfriends....

(Ya I know you men folk are going to side with Dad on my 6th grader not going with a boy (7th grader at that!))--- sigh girls just like knowing they were asked.....

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Well, Ynot, I will say I think its pretty cool when different regions have their own pecularities. The more I think about it, I can see how these MUMS would be fun in places Texas and Oklahoma. Heck, even up here in the northeast, I could see myself having fun at a party or event wearing my MUMS. Didn't Napolean Dynamite or Pedro wear MUMS at one point? I can't recall.

• yknot
    yknot

Misery..... what 'tacky' but 'fun' things do yall do in your neck of the woods?

Did yall at least have a 'bonfire'.....(all dubbie-kids are officially banned----note I said 'officially'......but there are always a few who disobey)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The dubs up here in the rural and suburban parts do bonfires every now and then. I've never been to one, partly cuz I'm a city boy, and partly cuz I'm not the most sociable guy, especially after becoming "conscious."

Ynot, I'm trying to rack my brain to think of tacky, yet fun things that are done up here, and being honest, I can't come up with anything. The state I'm in is fairly conservative, as am I. I know Texas is conservative too, but Texas has always had a reputation for being unique to say the least. Where I'm at, it really is a conservative meat and potatos kind of place. They like pierogis up here, if that counts for anything.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Gotta say knot, as a "yankee" i'm completly lost on this. We have NOTHING like that, at all, in the midatlantic. What we do here is pretty much limited to floats. However I do have to say that six was a little..... hard... on what seems like a fairly inoccent tradition.

oh, I COMPLETLY agree with daddy on this one. There is no way i'm letting my daughter (6th grade) go on any date anywhere, ESPECIALLY with a 7th grader!!!! I have a feeling that my wife and daughter will have to drug me when the time arrives....

• yknot
    yknot

Okie-dokie......

School's spirit week works out like this...

Tuesday - camo day

Wednesday- '60's' day (spirit stick with flower atop is optional but yea... we are doing a spirit stick!)

Thursday - 'Black-out' day....(all black clothing- she is doning a black wig too)

Friday - spirit day..... I am going to be sewing new 'spirit' shirt, embellished jeans, and socks ......

So if any notice me to be 'absent' some from the board this coming week know I am happily in a frenzied state of school spirit!

If anyone wants to post any ideas....... please post away I need all the inspiration I can get!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Since you didn't mention anything for monday, (labor day I know) how about a Redsking "hogette" day!!!! she'd be my homecomming queen vote for sure

• yknot
    yknot

........ I would dress her in an outfit made from Earl Campbell Sausage & sauce before I dared to disgrace her with THOSE COLORS.....

(giggles......luvs ya)

• elderelite
    elderelite

LOLOLOL that is funny on so many levels...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

yeah, I just couldn't keep mum about it. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit