List of Branch Offices being closed?

by ThomasCovenant 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

With 118 Branches reported on the 2009 Annual Report, that's a 20% decrease in branches.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I know firsthand that the Jamaican Branch is down to only 27 volunteers. They are practicing slave labor there, my "friend" is working 18-20 hours a day, not getting to bed till 3am and back up at normal hours. I've asked if they are closing down, he doesn't know, or knows but isn't telling me. So, good chance they are being consolidated too.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Which branches/islands in the French Caribbean?

I think St Martin (half of the island, which is french) and St Barthelemy haven't got any bethels, as they are too small. They are closing bethels in the 2 Caribbean french overseas départements, that is Martinique and Guadeloupe, plus bethel in the South american french Guyana. I don't know about La Réunion island in the Indian ocean, whether they have a bethel or not and, if they've got one, if it will remain active.

• jay88
    jay88

Social Security would be good for WTBTS but then who would take them serious about the big 'A'?

• dgp
    dgp

Marked.

• metatron
    metatron

Excellent news! Consider how distance and language problems are going to hit them in these countries once they lose 'boots on the ground' to do their work.

The comment about a Jamaican brother being worked to death is encouraging also, as this suggests that work is simply going to be dropped once the cuts are made.

Step by step, this sick cult is dying.

metatron

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

What I find interesting the most is that a lot if not most R&F do not know of these changes. My friend that is a JW that I still hang out with had a friend from Canada come vist who is an elder. A bunch of us got talking, of course this elder and his pioneer wife are going off on how wonderful it is to be in Jehovahs organization, I brought up the question, 'what do you guys think about the closing down of the branches all over the globe lately?" Their look on their face was one of 'huh?' They had heard about France and Central/South America. But not Jamaica, Europe, Ireland, Alaska/Hawaii, it was funny watching their face. They truly didn't have anything to say about it.

After a few seconds of silence, the conversation got changed. The looks on their face was priceless though. You could see smoke coming out of their ears as they couldn't reconcile what they were hearing with what they had believed about the 'expansion' taking place worldwide.

And these people are an Elder and Pioneer!

lol!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Is it related to France and tax issue going on ?

Gayle, I don't think this has anything to do with the French government eliminating the WTS's tax exempt satus. Those branches are simply done away with because they lack the contributive basis of the local witnesses to support their own bethel staff and building maintenance. The increase in the number of JWs in these regions (as in many european countries and probably in North America too) is due to foreign input. The new members are not so well off as the local French witnesses, who now don't contribute so much as they used to (pasted from a previous post).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit