List of Branch Offices being closed?

by ThomasCovenant 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi, I've tried searching for some recent posts on rumours or otherwise of branch offices being closed but cannot easily find anything.

Does anyone readily have a list of the ones earmarked for closure? I did read about Central America but also recently some European too.

Thanks

• ruruj
    ruruj

I guess no one has the official list - it is with Watchtower. Wait until it really happens or wait for more developments, then that validates the rumors you mentioned.

The posts for this matter are chatters from JWN "intelligence community".

There's no guarantee that the closings will be according to any list. Watchtower still has some control over this.

And we would not want to compromise and expose our JW operatives, would we?

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

I know that Spain was/is closing down. Reason was as they would have to pay social security for the volutneer workers.

Not sure of other sites.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The U.S. needs to do what Spain is doing, when all thoses old timers are cut lose from bethel who will support them ?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Various European ones - was Italy mentioned too?

Ireland,

Central America,

Heard whispers about S. America but nothing concrete.

No news about whether the same's happening in the African or Asian/Oriental countries.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Austria and Switzerland were mentioned on this site a few days ago. They are closing and Seltzers, Germany looking after those countries also.

George

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I'm really, really curious about the Caribbean Bethel locations -- Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Curaçao, Haiti, T&T, etc. I've spent some time at one of those and know several Bethelites in the Caribbean region, so I'm fairly anxious to find out. Anyone have word? I've heard they might be absorbed into the Mexican branch, but that doesn't make any sense to me since they're primarily English- and French-speaking branches.

I'm thinking they might keep the Bahamian one as a centralized outpost since it's the largest facility they have down there (or at least, it was) and they have such a strong presence in that country, but that's just my own theory.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just got an email saying the Branch in the French Caribbean is closing down starting Jan 2011 and will be managed by the Bethel in France.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Is it related to France and tax issue going on?

Which branches/islands in the French Caribbean? Wikipedia shows these islands:

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Worldwide 23 bethels are in the process of closing or are already closed. Several others are trimmed down. But I do not have a list. The number of 23 comes from a bethelite (trustworthy)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit