Blood Fractions

by alice.in.wonderland 92 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wasblind
    wasblind

Alice says: "Common sense 101: What would be the point in eating blood or a blood fraction as the fraction has no sound medical purpose?"

Alice, on page 73 in the Reasoning from the Scriptures book they ask "Is a transfusion really the same as eating blood?"

within the paragraph they compare a blood transfusion as the same thing as eating it. the comparison they use is that of

an alcoholic they state :"consider a man who is told by the doctor that he must abstain from alcohol. Would he be obedient

if he quit drinking alcohol but had it put directly into his veins ? "

• sir82
    sir82
    The Watchtower has coined the terms fraction vs component simply to make it seem there is a difference. In reality a component is just a fraction. There is no logical reason that a component is any different or more wrong to use than a "minor fraction".

The WT seems to be specializing in this of late.

Such as, "one generation" can be comprised of "two overlapping groups" and yet remain "one".

The Society arbitrarily determines the meaning of "fraction" and "component", as well as "generation" and "group", to make their arguments hold.

Heck, if I can redefine words to mean whatever I say they mean, I can prove white is black, or even that Alice is not a troll!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sorry, but I'm quite pissed off that Alice thinks we all should read everything he/she/it posts and he/she/it doesn't have to read anything of our's.

What the hell is he/she/it doing here then?

I'm starting to think BrotherDan is right - it's using us to count time.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Alice started this post, nut she couldn't hang!!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I know, wasblind.

She constantly whines about the lack of debate here, but all he/she/it does is start threads and then bugger off. Once in a while it will return to tell us all how stupid we are and how none of us can follow its "logic" and then disappear again.

• TD
    TD

Alice:

Christians are simply to make an adequate effort to abstain from blood (Acts 15:19-21).

I've explained at length to you why these types of statements are based on an ungrammatical concept.

As a general rule, with the exception of Heptavax-B, active immunizations are not produced from blood.

Most childhood vaccinations involve blood at some point in their production. Examples would include MMR II, MUMPSVAX, ATTENUVAX and MURAVAX II by Merck & Co. The growth mediums for these vaccines (e.g. Medium 199, MEM, etc) typically contain both human albumin and fetal bovine serum. Additionally the vaccines themselves contain human albumin as an adjuvant or excipient. Other examples of this include VARIVAX and VAQTA, also by Merck & Co., EOLARIX, INFANRIX, and GLAXO by SmithKline Beecham, PENTACEL by Aventis Pasteur, and Connaught Laboratories IPV just to name a few. The acceptance of some of these vaccines is virtually unavoidable in modern society.

On the subject of blood components in comparison with fractions: plasma for example is a major component unique to only blood as created by God.

You're co-opting blood banking terminology which is simply reflective of the way blood is packaged and sold to medical and laboratory facilities and nothing else. Most college level textbooks do not list plasma as a component. Plasma is the colloid created when the albumin protein is suspended in water. Albumin solutions are osmotically equivalent to normal plasma. The difference between an albumin solution and normal plasma is the presence of additional proteins that Witnesses consider to be 'matters of conscience.'

Hemoglobin is a protein also found in the tissues of some invertebrates.

Human hemoglobin is unique to human blood.

The reason the faithful and discreet slave left the acceptance or refusal of these blood products an individual choice is because or these types of people.

LOL Blood is ubiquitous in modern medicine. Everyone in developed countries has accepted a blood fraction at some point in their lives.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The same passage says to abstain from "things strangled" and "things sacrified to idols".

If I take such meat and give it to a rendering plant that extracts byproducts like tallow and protein meal, and if I eat a great deal of this food extracted from
    these forbidden meats, would I indeed be abstaining from them?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Palm you have a PM

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Wasblind,

What a coincidence.....so do you!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great point Leo.

Share this

Google+