New elders' manual - a few more details

by sir82 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Really makes me wish I hadn't stepped aside.

Not!!!!

Thanks for the info though.

om

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

In case anybody is interested:

*** w06 7/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***
    Loose conduct (Greek, a?sel′gei?a) denotes “licentiousness; wantonness; shameless conduct; lewdness of conduct.” The New Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon defines the Greek term as “unbridled lust, . . . outrageousness, shamelessness, insolence.” According to another lexicon, loose conduct is a form of behavior that “violates all bounds of what is socially acceptable.”
    As the foregoing definitions show, “loose conduct” involves two elements: (1) The conduct itself is a serious violation of God’s laws, and (2) the attitude of the wrongdoer is disrespectful, insolent.
    Therefore, “loose conduct” does not refer to bad conduct of a minor nature. It pertains to acts that are serious violations of God’s laws and that reflect a brazen or boldly contemptuous attitude—a spirit that betrays disrespect or even contempt for authority, laws, and standards. Paul links loose conduct with illicit intercourse. (Romans 13:13, 14) Since Galatians 5:19-21 lists loose conduct among a number of sinful practices that would disqualify one from inheriting God’s Kingdom, loose conduct is grounds for reproof and possible disfellowshipping from the Christian congregation.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Actually most people that are disfellowshiped because of major doubts or disagreements with the WT are disfellowshiped for "loose conduct". I'm sure that's why they are changing the term used. When I was growing up I always thought the loose conduct was touching boobs or genitals OVER the clothes. The few times that I got in trouble (all of them for girls...) they always asked about touching above the clothes or under. The most awkward situation was when I had to describe fingering a girl. (Hope this doesn't offend anyone). They asked if I rubbed the vagina on the outside or if I penetrated with my finger.

HOW CREEPY IS THAT?!? I had to sit with 3 old guys and talk about it. My dad was an elder at the same time, so I know they went back and reported to my dad everything that I said. Is that screwed up or what?!?

• bez
    bez

ELDERS MANUALS???????????? I was brought up in the truth and am now 29 and have never heard of one of these....how interesting...whats all that about that we are not allowed to know whats in them etc.... What sort of stuff is this?

Any EX elders out there wanna elaborate???

• St George of England
    St George of England

VM44 put this link on so you can read the manual for yourself:

The current Elder's Manual is at the Wikileaks website.

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_Elders%27_manual:_Pay_Attention_to_Yourselves_and_All_the_Flock_%281991%29

George

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

You gotta love Wikileeks!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just wondering whether 'brazen' extends to those of us who were brazen enough just to quit the weekly dog and pony shows more or less cold-turkey. There might be a new category called BRAZEN NON-ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS. Creepy.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

(Copied from other post--fits better here)

The terminology is being changed for the use of broader control…”Brazen and or loose conduct”. Brazen could mean to be defiant, to stand your ground or even defy –challenge. So when they push their unscriptural rules on you they will be able to say they have the authority to demand that you comply-- based on the new reasoning of what “loose conduct” implies. It has been said that not going along with what the”wicked” elders suggest is going against their god given authority. I have witnessed this first hand…there are elders that will take this to mean they can control every aspect of your life---like it or get out...or...stand your ground. If it is not scripturally wrong then they really have no ground to stand on. I have facial hair, no rebellion just because I want to. They don’t really like it but not much they can really do. Call it “brazen” but don’t dare think you can DF me for it. I also put my arm around my wife and I dare anyone to tell me otherwise. I am not a tough guy just solid in what I know to be right.

Sw

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

At one point people were being DF for loose conduct hand over fist, because they brought in a definition of "flagrant disregard for authority."

There were so many elders using this to boot out anybody who disagreed with them that the borg had to send out a loist of rules for DF where loose conduct is involved.

One poster here was DF because he called the elders a bunch of "bozos".

They haven't learned the lesson obviously...

HB

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

From the QFR:

According to another lexicon, loose conduct is a form of behavior that “violates all bounds of what is socially acceptable.”

Here is the lexicon, BDAG, wonder why they don't reference it; it must have other definitions they don't like. BTW, they love to research christian sites to mine for definitions they like.

BDAG as a lexicon gets HUGE positive reviews, so I wonder why they don't trumpet that they are using it. Here are reviews:

http://faculty.bbc.edu/rdecker/bdag.htm

Leolaia, do you know this source? I am betting that it contains translations/definitions they don't like.

Here is the product.

http://www.logos.com/products/details/1687

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit