New elders' manual - a few more details

by sir82 65 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

To answer some questions:

1.) The Sept 2007 Kingdom Ministry, Questions From Readers Box:

2007 KM, QFR

2.) There was a WatchTower article (Private, JW edition) a few months back containing "counsel" on not showing affection during the meetings such as hand holding while the prayers are given, etc so as to not "stumble" others. Others in this case being horny males who can't keep their boners down because not only can they not have sex, they can't whack off either. SAD.

- Wing Commander

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

With "brazen" they can DF guys like me who simply refused to meet with the elders for their pre-JC, 2-pharisee exploratory expedition. They had exactly one hearsay witness and without any corroboration their hands were tied. But the fact that I refused to even entertain their inquiry can now be viewed as "brazen" and their circuit-wide "marking" can now become a full-blown DF.

Yay them. I'm sure they'll relish their newfound power. Couldn't have happened to a more mediocre bunch of window washers.

• Borgia
    Borgia

brazenLook up brazen at Dictionary.com
    O.E. bræsen "of brass," from bræs "brass" + see -en (2). The figurative sense of "hardened in effrontery" is 1570s (in brazen-face ), perhaps suggesting a face unable to show shame (see brass). To brazen it out "face impudently" is from 1550s.
    brassyLook up brassy at Dictionary.com
    "impudent," 1570s, from brass (cf. brazen). Sense of "debased and pretentious" is from 1580s, from brass as contrasted with gold; sense of "strident and artificial" is from 1865.
    It looks like they are more leaning towards the definition in the do Jehovah's will book (2005) in the sense of rebellion. (apostasy)
    Cheers
    Borgia
  • St George of England
    St George of England

I have always associated the word brazen with hussy

"She was a real BRAZEN HUSSY"

Probably just an English term? Anyway I've known a few in my time!

George

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

"Braken" makes it sound much more evil that deserves being df for. No wonder the new light has changed the term.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Brazen= BRAVE!

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

"pre-JC, 2-pharisee exploratory expedition" Wow that's a tongue twister! LOL I like that Mad Sweeney

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was hoping to hold out until this piece of Sh1T was published. I wanted to be the first to digitise and put on the internet. TBH I think if I was still in and an elder I would be sectioned by now.

• flipper
    flipper

SIR 82- Good thread, thanks for posting. To me the WT society using the term " brazen conduct " indicates they are trying to make the motivation behind the loose conduct seem even MORE wicked, licentious, or ON PURPOSE - brazen. Like flaunting it in front of others. So once again they seem to be tightening up the language that elders use at JC meetings in order to roast, er kick out even MORE independent thinkers who "brazenly" dare to think for themselves ! A tightening up of the ship once again. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Brazen....love it, sounds like so much more fun and rebellious!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit