"Spiritually Strong" JWs Are Actually Spiritually Weak

by new light 27 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

The more a person does in JW busy work, the weaker spirit they must actually have. Many times, they are simply overcompensating or trying to fill

a void in themselves. If they were actually "spiritually strong", I believe they would see the petty nature of turning in time and enduring formulaic

read the paragraph and then rephrase the paragraph meetings. Zealous JWs are empty inside, when compared to those the real world would

deem spiritual. Being a "spiritually strong" JW means being so dead inside that you believe handling microphones or touring the countryside

hocking leaflets is going to win the heart of the creator of the universe. Anyone care to add?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Long time ago, One elder told me that brother is very spiritually strong and I told him he has alots of R Rated Movies in his home, he was shocked.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

What took me out of the Borg was the need for spiritual fulfillment.

I just wasn’t satisfied with glib answers and superficial people. The more I prayed for answers, the more I fell out of the religion.

Good thread.

• NowAndThen
    NowAndThen

Spirituality is self-growth. You don't brag about it because it is actually humbling just how little you know, and how very little you will continue to know. Spirituality is not parroting a couple of scriptures, or discussing "prophecy" or trying to read into some kind of crystal ball to know what the seven horns or Nebuchadnezer represent today. Spirituality is what your life portrays as you imbibe inspiration from scripture.

In short, spirituality manifests itself by its fruits. Paul said so, and I agree fully.

N&T

• new light
    new light

I believe a person can be spiritually strong with no religion or even fixed belief in a god. One who is strong in spirit displays a buoyant resilience in the face of adversity. In good times, this person remains humble and empathetic toward his fellow beings, while freely offering his strength and positivity to those in need, knowing he is connected to that something that has no limits. The strongest in spirit do these things of their own volition without care for some big prize at the end of their time here on Earth.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Sad but true isn't it!?

The busier one is 'doing works', one has less time to focus on faith! And truth.

The more time spent studying the WT lit to try and be more spiritual, the 'dumber' one becomes.

It just does not work... the amount of time i put into theocratic activities as a Reg pioneer and MS, why, i should have been a spiritual giant! instead, i was as weak as dishwater

oz

• life is to short
    life is to short

I so totally agree, my husband was an elder and pioneer when I married him. I thought that he had to be so spiritual doing all of that, but he had no time. He was the only elder with a congregation of 50 people who all had problems, 10+ were on meds for depression and always flipping out. He was always being asked to go to someones home to counsel them when he is not trained as a counselor it never mattered if I needed him after all I was just his wife so what. He was running 24 7, he had no time for himself much less his new wife. I just did not see it before we were married because he gave me one night a week after that went away too.

It was just a sick religion, I talked to the PO and he said to wait on Jehovah and that Jehovah would not give me more than I could handle and Jehovah saw that I was strong, bla, bla, bla.

My husband was not spiritually strong he just could not be with all that was demanded of him all he had was head knowledge of the stupid WT.

LITS

• asilentone
    asilentone

lits, my ex wife told me if I ever became an elder, she said she would dump me. She told me that while I was a ministerial servant.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

True spiritual strength has less to do with how well we obey the leaders. The need to have others make our decisions is a sign of spiritual weakness, not strength. A spiritually strong person has a set of values that is not easily usurped. Such a person does not need to be careful about listening to debasing music, and can listen to even the most debasing music if the artistic merit is strong enough and not be moved to do something bad or offended by the subject. A strong person can look at debasing movies and not be swayed into doing what is portrayed therein. And, a spiritually strong person is going to make their own decisions without someone else having to do that for them.

Compare the witlesses. The "strong" witlesses always consult the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger before doing anything. They are afraid to miss a boasting session, since there might be new instructions as to handle personal matters that they should be able to make their own decisions on. They always read the rags and littera-trash before making any decisions on personal matters. Before starting a job, they will look at the rags instead of whether or not they can handle the work. They need someone to tell them what music to listen to, when to get up and go to bed, how to act during a$$emblies, and so on.

If anything, I view the need for all those stupid "Keep Moving" and "Quiet" signs and "one towel" rules at the a$$emblies as a sign of serious spiritual weakness among the masses. If people were spiritually strong, they would not need instruction on things like these. Yes, they might want cautions about heat or other situations about which the risks are not well known or that they might not know exist. But, do they need someone telling them how many towels they need to properly dry their hands?

• life is to short
    life is to short

asilenton I have told my husband that now, if he ever becomes an elder again I will leave him. The other elders treated him like crap they dumped on him all the problems of the hall had him doing all the jobs no one else wanted so they could spend time with their families. I guess I did not count to the other elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit