As a Witness - What did you Notice in How Elders Got Appointed ?

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

nepotism.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It seemed very arbitrary to me. Elders had their pets, the ones they hoisted above others, regardless of whether or not they were more spiritual, or actually did more. MS appointments were the same way.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Most of it depended on WHO you knew and how far you would go to extend your self at THEIR expense, NOT how spiritual you were it was HOW spiritual you pretended to be.

• booby
    booby

It would be interesting how many of the comments here are from those who experienced the arrangement from the inside so to speak and how many from the outside. Many of the comments don't jibe with my experience. The one thing that is paramount to this thread "how elders get appointed" is that it has nothing to do with Holy Spirit.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Booby, I can assure you I was on the inside.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If Daddy elder wants Juniour to be an Elder..Junior is going to get a promotion..

It doesn`t matter how Young and Stupid Junior is..

Then Junior Elder gets to advise people,about things he has no life experience in..

All he has to do is read a Watchtower..

"Junior Genius Elder"..

To the Rescue!..

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/supes1.jpg

.........................OUTLAW

• booby
    booby

I don't want to derail this topic, but Quirky1, does your second to last post reflect your own experience.

• booby
    booby

And one other thing from my perspective. Eldership and spirituality, generally at least, are not bedfellows.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

It's all politics. Saw this in congregation after congregation. Second to last congregation was a bit of a dynasty situation. Lots of potential MSs and wannabe elders simply moved away when they realized they would never become part of the 'club.' Last congregation I attended had the same old boys' club, but one of the newer members decides to pull stakes, but not before causing a bit of a ruckus with the CO. This leads to major fallout with the result that 4 out of 5 elders ended up moving away (supposedly for the health of the congregation!). Real shake up; in part causing my own wake-up. Once all the original crew moved out, the ruckus-causer moves back in, and becomes PO!

Lots of nepotism, from what I saw. After some of the appointment announcements, we'd just shake our heads, knowing there was no real spiritual reason these 'sons' were being appointed, and surely Holy Spirit had NOTHING to do with it - these were just the next generation being groomed to take over the resident Hounders' positions, thus carrying on the 'spiritual' dynasty. What a crock.

• nelly136
    nelly136

didnt need to be in any inner sanctum to see who was related to who, and who was engaged/married to elders daughters and on the fast track to advancement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit