Thinking about the "two witnesses" rule for disfellowshipping -

by JWoods 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hadit
    Hadit

leavingWT - absolutely! They invent the rules, change the rules, say the rules never existed . . . basically they do whatever they want in order to keep their company going. It is not about religion, it is not about God and certainly not about keeping children safe. It is all about them, their money, their power and control. Period.

• sir82
    sir82

There is a phrase in the elders manual, that "strong circumstancial evidence can be considered".

The example they give is the one you use, someone staying overnight in the house of someone of the opposite sex, whom he/she is not married to.

However, in order for that to be used as grounds for DF, two witnesses have to have seen that the person stayed overnight.

I.e., the "2 witness rule" is still in effect. However, the "2 witnesses" don't necessarily have to have head the bedsprings bouncing - they just both have to be able to verify the "strong circumstancial evidence".

That said, LWTs point is well taken. A determined team of 3 elders can disfellowship anyone at any time for any reason.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I haven't read through the entire post, so I don't know if someone brought this up...but if it could be proven that a man and a child were alone together, then could that be evidence of molestation or rape?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Sorry...just started reading and saw you guys were already talking about it.

• sir82
    sir82
    if it could be proven that a man and a child were alone together, then could that be evidence of molestation or rape?

Probably not.

In the wacky WT world, sex only occurs at night, in houses, between 2 people of the opposite sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit